Wind Of Change

Thank the heavens, Laney has finally woken and seems to be recovering rapidly. I don't know if it's her strong will or London's love that pulled her through this, but I'm thrilled. Watching Demarco, as well as the rest of the family go through this tore at my heart. I'd be lying if I didn't say this affected me as well. In the short time I've known Laney, I've grown right fond of her and in my own way admired her.

Stepping up, along with Miri and Ela, we helped keep her company going and lessen London's burden.

At night I held my Demy while he cried over his mother. Forced with the realization that she may never wake and if she did may not be the same really rocked him to the core. He kept putting the blame on himself thinking if only he had been here or made her stay on in Vegas this could all have been prevented. Needless to say, my marriage didn't began as I had hoped, but no one's to blame except those bastards held up in the pit.

Anyways, Laney hasn't forgotten about the traditional wedding she's planning for us, so maybe after that Demarco and I can have a long honeymoon. Besides, London tries to keep her busy making wedding plans to divert her attention away from his work and what happened to her. We all are concerned for her mental health because Laney hasn't spoken of it. It's like she's holding it in, but London assures us all that this is just Laney's way. When she's ready to discuss it she will. I guess he'd know her best. As for the wedding, I don't mind her planning it. In fact, I'm grateful. Things like this just aren't my forte. Sure, I get excited when Laney shows me some ideas and such, but to be honest I could care less if the flowers were piss green instead of purple.

I'm not being disrespectful to Laney at all, it's just when it comes to decor and fashion I don't know my ass from my elbow. If it was left up to me it probably look like a mash up between The Rocky Horror Picture Show and a bad remake of The Devil wears Prada. Seriously, I failed fashion sense 101. I understand that this wedding will include over five hundred people, it's the mafia way as well as I'm marrying into a Italian family. Everything will be traditional, elegant, and almost too perfect. There will be a lot of important people attending as well as being highly guarded. I can't mess this up so I'm actually thankful Laney is overseeing this. Knowing it's in her hands give me a sense of ease because I know she will make it spectacular.

As a matter of fact I'm on my way to discuss a few details with her. I entered her apartment and found her camped out in the living room floor along with books, laptop, and several pamphlets. A tray sat upon the coffee table filled with small sandwhiches, fruits, cheeses, olives, and such. "Help yourself". Laney nodded toward the tray.

"My dear sweet husband isn't comfortable with me going out just yet so he brings my favorites to me".

The sarcasm was highly noted in her voice and I chuckled and grabbed a sandwich and plopped down beside her.

"He thinks I'm not aware of what he's doing, keeping me busy with this wedding to keep my nose from what he's doing, but I'm not stupid".

Clearly she was getting frustrated from being cooped up and venting. London walked from his office with a grin. Bending down, he kissed her cheek. "Babydoll you are far to precious".

"Humpf... I've got your precious".

"Yes, you do. Now can you behave while I head to the Den for maybe an hour?"

"What can I possible do? You have this place guarded like the President himself lives here".

Rolling his eye's he grabbed his coat, kissed her again and left leaving me to deal with her mini tantrum. Taking the focus off her confinement I got right to the wedding. "Purple is fine if that's what you like".

Waving her hand she sat up straighter. "Samantha it's not what I like, it's what you like. This is your wedding, your day. I'm just here to place the orders and make sure it all runs smoothly. Now tell me what your favorite color is, your favorite flower. I can make it work".

Laughing I agreed. "I know you can".

I was able to keep her busy for a few hours or at least until London came back. He still doesn't want her left alone even though she's gotton her strength back. We took a break from wedding talk for a moment and Laney brought up a touchy subject for me. I was some what shocked because she'd never been one to ask me of my personal business but felt the need to now.

She just blurted it out which was so Laney. Her son was just as impulsive as her. "Jax paid London a visit".

She stared at me as if she was waiting to see how I would react. "Wow, he has some nerve".

"Yes, he does. That can make him dangerous.... or dead".

I only nodded. When I didn't ask what the visit was about she continued. "He asked about you. London assured him you was fine. However he didn't mention the marriage".

Rolling my eye's I shrugged. "I swear he's impossible. I've been telling him to leave me alone for awhile. Demarco even had my number changed and all".

"Forgive me for asking this but as Demarco's mother his happiness is my concern. He's never been so happy as he is with you and I'm greatful he found you. Sam, you know by now I think a great deal of you, but I need to know that Demarco is the one. That you don't have some fancy for Jax. I just don't want my son hurt".

I was taken aback by her question and a bit hurt. "Absolutely Laney. I love Demarco. Jax was just a distraction during a rough time. Nothing more, no feelings like that whatsoever. I understand your concern but it's for naught. Demarco is my one and only".

Laney smiled and hugged me. "I knew it, I just had to be certain. Please forgive me".

Nodding my head I hugged her back then stated. "However, I do see Jax as somewhat as a friend to me. No, I don't have any contact with him nor do I want to. I just don't want him hurt".

"I understand Sam but I can't promise you that. It all lies with Jax. If he continues to snoop around London will do as he sees fit. Not to mention Demarco. If he knew he visited, I'm sure it would have ended violently".

"Yes, I know".

"Have you seen Ari as of late?"

"Thankfully no".

Arching her eyebrows she said. "They may not be a good thing. Ari is the type of girl that you always need to know her whereabouts. Samantha as a queen speaking to a future queen always stay one step ahead. Always plan for anything. Always know your enemy's whereabouts".

Looking at her I nodded my head. I knew I lacked a lot in this field so I would take whatever Laney gave me. "When you leave here go to the Den".

"But Demarco..."

"No". She cut me off.

"Yes, Demarco will show off but stand up to him. He needs it. Don't bow down to him. As future queen it is your responsibility to watch your kings back, just as he will watch yours. Sometimes men get so carried away duiring stressful times they can blow a job. That's where you come in. Watch from afar and let him know your thoughts on it, help guide him to the right decisions."

"No, Demarco will never have it". I persisted.

"Fight him Sam. Make him let you in. Trust me, London tried the same with me for awhile but I won in the end".

Nodding my head, I knew she was right. As future queen, I held a certain responsibility to Demarco. I also needed to start carrying myself as such. I think it's time for a makeover.