Reaching Out

It's been three long grueling month's since Ela walked out on me and I haven't seen her since Laney pulled that shit on me.

The following day London pulled me into his office and laid the law down. Basically until I cooled down I wasn't allowed any contact whatsoever with Ela. Yea, I know I told her I was going to kill her and roughed her up but I wouldn't have went through with it. I lost my head in the heat of the moment.

When she admitted she'd been with another man my insides twisted. I couldn't imagine my Ela having another man's hands on her. I know I had no right to react the way I did considering what I'd done to her but I can't cope knowing she laid with another. I never meant to hit her or scare her so. Now I'm regretting it because she won't come anywhere near me out of fear.

I am aware that she got an apartment somewhere in the city but I have no clue as to where. Ela also did transfer my money back into my account, but kept the fancy car she bought herself.

Mostly I spend my free time flipping through photos of the life we had together. A reminder of how happy we once were. My favorite photo was of her holding Cole soon after delivery. It hurt that I was never able to give her another child and it hurt even more knowing that I got a woman who didn't mean a damn thing to me pregnant. I don't blame Ela for leaving me, she should have. I don't deserve a woman like her.

Stopping at the next photo I smiled through tears. We had been dating a few month's and it was the first time she had allowed me to get into her pants. I'll never forget that night. Boy, she made me wait for it, but it was so worth it. Afterwards we laid in bed cuddling and joking around when I held my phone up snapping the picture of us lying there so much in love. How I wish we could go back to those day's.

As I was sitting there wallowing in my mistakes an idea came to me. A baby, I'm going to adopt a baby. I don't know why I wanted to but it seemed like the answer to all my problems, fill the void in my life, someone to come home to at the end of the day. Then maybe, just maybe it would bring Ela home to me.

Using my connections and money by the end of the week I was a Pape to a tiny newborn girl. I told no one of my plans until it was official. I didn't want anyone talking me out of this. They all seemed happy for me but at the same time I could see the concern in their eye's. They assumed that I'd finally had lost my marbles.

The first week was good. I rose to do the nightly feedings and kept her dry, but by the second week I was feeling the lack of sleep. Laney usually helped me out but she'd left with London's father for a weekend at Martha Vineyards. London's mother passed away a year ago and Laney tries to keep the old man busy.

There was Miri but Cole has forbid any contact between us and Sam doesn't know much about babies so no help there.

The baby had been wailing for over an hour and I'd tried everything at was at my wits end. The only person I knew to call was Ela. Biting the bullet I hit send on my phone assuming she wouldn't answer my call anyways so you can imagine my surprise when I heard her voice. "Yes" she said a bit snsppish.

"I've got a baby Ela". I said loudly over the baby's cries.

"Yes, I heard".

"I'm sorry to bother but all the women here are unavailable and she's been crying for awhile. I don't know what yo do".

"Have you fed her?"

"Yes, I've tried but she doesn't seem to want it".

"Is she dry?"

"Yes, I changed her not to long ago. I'm sorry Ela but could you come over?"

"Ummm".

I understood that she was scared I'd harm her and probably still didn't want to see me. "I l promise Ela, I just need help. I not going to do anything to you. I'll have London come take all my weapons if it will make you feel better".