Master Plan

After leaving Jax I went straight to the facility to get the results. My palms were sweaty from possibly finding out that my best friend was really gone. Seeking out the doctor he pulled me into his office. I eagerly awaited to hear what he would say.

"Mrs. Harper, I ran two test so that it was absolutely certain and it shows that the DNA doesn't match that of Mrs. Butoni. These remains don't belong to her. I'm not sure who they belong to as of yet".

Finally allowing myself to breath, as I had been holding it until I heard the results, I repeated. "It's not her, it's not her?"

"Right, there's not a trace of her DNA is those remains".

Nodding I spoke quietly. "Try and find who the remains belong to so they can be returned. Such a sad way to go".

Swiping the medical notes from the doctor, I thanked him and set off to find London. I just hoped he'd hear me out.

I found him situated in his office surrounded by several of his men still discussing options. As I entered the room every man stood including my husband. I know I'm not suppose to interupt but this was urgent and the clock ticking. "Excuse me gentlemen,  but I need a word with the king".

London nodded his head giving them permission to leave. As they left and shut the door London looked at me and patted his lap. "Come here babydoll".

Climbing upon his lap I placed my hands on his broad shoulders. "Ela isn't dead".

London gave me a sympathetic look, the same look his men had given me when I insisted he was alive. "Don't do that London. I had the doctor run tests. The remains hold none of her DNA. The body isn't hers".

Handing him the doctor notes he scanned over them. "There's a chance she is still out there somewhere. I also had dinner with Jax".

I wasn't able to say more because London's jealous side roared to life. "Fuck you mean you had dinner with that fucker?"

"Relax baby. It was strictly business, to discuss what the police may have found out".

Gripping my chin between his thumb and forefinger harshly he tilted my head back until I was looking up at him. "Don't give a fuck what it was for. You. Don't. Share. Shit. With. Another. Man."

"London, please just listen. I had to eat as well plus I have some rather interesting news".

"You need to eat? Then you come get me. You don't dine with men without my presence. Do I make myself clear Laney?"

Rolling my eye's dramatically I scolded back. "Yes I understand all that protective, territorial, macho bullshit but now's not the time. I have some important issues to discuss with you then I promise after all this is over you can finish this discussion on how I'm not to even stand in the same building as another man. Okay?"

Narrowing his eye's at me he grumbled in that deep accented voice. "You better be glad I love you. Now tell me what's so important other than those aren't Ela's remains".

"Jax and I have reason to believe that the culprits are dirty cop's".

"How so?"

I quickly filled him in on everything we discovered and our conclusion.

"It's very possible babydoll but I can't go and knock these cop's off without being absolutely certain. If I were to rage war on the police and their innocent they would really be after me even more so. Besides, Marcus has reasons to believe that the Russians are in the mix. I'm going to check out that avenue first and if it doesn't pan out I'll go with your theory".