Hatching A Plan

Invading Club Imperial was a major knot in my belt. Maybe I didn't discover the drugs, weapons, and other valuable information, but I detained several of the Harper's men and knocked quite a few off. Ridding the world of one scum bag at a time. Unfortunately none of the men spilled any juicy information on the Harper's no matter what I threatened them with. Doesn't mean a thing though. Just by me taking the bull by the horns and and busting up their most prestigious club sent my message back to London loud and clear.... I'm not one to fuck with. I want easily be scared off or disappear, not until I see their faces behind bars or lying six feet under. Either one is fine by me.

Then to my delight I've noticed there seems to be trouble in paradise. The past two weeks I've been trailing Samantha and it seems she's broken things off with Demarco. She's living in a swank flat on the upper east side with her mother. Hopefully the breakup left her bitter and I can convince her to spill the beans. Timing is of the upmost importance though. Unbeknownst to either of them, I watch Demarco follow her around. I've watched long enough to learn their routine. It's obvious that she has no training or skill because she would have noticed him following her by now.

He watches her leave her place every morning and walk to school. Once she enters the campus grounds he goes his own way not stalking her out until  around six that evening. He watches as she leaves his mother's office building until she sets foot inside her door. Once he even walked behind her and acted as if he wanted to reach out and touch her, but pulled his hand away as it neared her hair. It's amusing how oblivious she is to him watching her. The only chance I have of connecting with her is noon. After she leaves school, it's her tradition to stop by a Indian Bistro for lunch before going to work, so that's where I plan to have our first meeting.

I was standing across the road waiting for her arrival and just like clockwork,  there she was. Taking at least five minutes before I entered the restaurant, I watched her every move.
Walking to the counter, I ordered a deli sandwich and was thankful she chose a seat in a quiet corner booth. Grabbing my food I walked over and plastered my killer smile on face. Women always crooned about my smile. "Excuse me, care if I join you?"

Samantha looked up at me with those doe like eye's and I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. Her pictures didn't do her justice. Giving me a polite smile she declined the invitation. "Sorry, I'm in a rush. Really I'm studying and have to be at work shortly".

This chic was tough no doubt about it. I knew I'd have to use different tatics. "Samantha". I said with authority.

Her smile faltered and worry filled her eye's. I understood what she must be guessing at. Am I another thug getting ready to take her out? "H-how do you know my name?"

Pulling my badge from my pocket, I flashed it in front of her face. "Detective Jax Rivera. I need to ask you a few questions or if you'd like, I can bring you in and get the information there".

Seeing irritation course through her she gritted out. "Sit if you must".

Smirking I pulled a chair out and started unravelling my sandwich wrapper as she stared daggers at me. "Shoot" she snarled.

Creasing my brows I said "Excuse me?"

Rolling her eye's she snarled. "You said you needed to ask me questions, well have at it. If you can recall my time is limited so let's get this over with".

Suddenly my thoughts twisted up. Wow, such attitude she had and I couldn't help but wonder what a tirgeress like her would be like in bed.  "Hello there, anybody home". She snapped drawing me from my dirty daydream.

Setting straighter I cleared my throat. "So your engaged to Demarco Harper?"

"No" she stated firmly.

"Since when".

"Since it's none of your business".

Propping my elbows on the table I leaned toward her. "I need you to answer the God Damn question".

"Fine Sherlock, we split a few weeks ago".

Snorting at her sarcasm,  I continued. "Why?"

Biting her lip she slammed her napkin down. "Jesus Christ, what has the details of my relationship have to do with your dumb investigation? You want to know how he banged me too?"

Taken back by her unlady like language I sputtered "no, that want be necessary".

"It was a mutual decision. It just wasn't working out".

I barely heard what she said because she had my dick growing hard and I was trying my damnest to control the hound dog Samantha was calling out. Adjusting myself underneath the table I cleared my head. "Are you aware that Demarco is the Italian Mafia King".

Samantha looked at me as if I told her there was aliens working at the post office. Then she bent over at the waist in guffaws of laughter bringing attention to us. Setting back up she slapped the table and let out another fit of giggles. "Ooohhh my. That was hilarious. I nearly pissed myself. Good one there, good one". She snickered as she dabbed at her watery eye's.

She was getting under my skin in more ways than one and right now she was pissing me off. "Look Samantha, you can't cover for him. He's a bad guy, a criminal. He kills and pushes drugs into kid's hands. Do your duty and help bring in this trash. Get justice for those he's murdered".

Giving me a look that only could be described as unbelievable she retorted. "Look, officer Jax, I really think you have the wrong guy. He does land investments and comes from a very lovely family. I shared my life with him for quite awhile, and I believe I would know if he was some kinda mob boss. You've truly been mislead. Now if that's all you need, I really must be on my way".

Staring intently into those gorgeous eye's of hers I nodded my head, even though I could see right through her act. In a last ditch attempt to squeeze any piece of dirt from her I said in a rush. "Look if your scared to talk, I can protect you. They'll never know it was you. No harm will come to you".

Tilting her head as if she was thinking it over she hummed. "No, there's nothing to tell. Well, there was this one time Demarco stubbed his toe on the end table and he threatened to shoot it". Pausing she snickered then continued. "But the dumb guy wouldn't know how to shoot a gun if it came with step by step instructions".

Standing up I mumbled "nice Samantha, very nice".

I knew I wasn't going to get anything from her, at least today anyways. Reaching inside my jacket I took my card out and handed it to her. "If you happen to recall anything, give me a call". And to add a tinge of fear to the matter I stated. "I'd hate to see a lovely girl such as yourself go down for obstruction to this case, and believe, they will go down. Everyone of them. Take the easy way out".

I watched as she fingered my card before dropping it in her unfinished bowl of soup. "Good day to you officer Jax".

Taking a deep breath I walked out when what I really wanted to do was bend her over my knee and spank her good. Hopefully my last threat would eat at her and she'll come forward. Sooner rather than later because I'd really like to get to know her on a entire different level. The sooner Demarco Harper is out of the way, the sooner I can move in on her.