Chapter 14 - Dessert First

A/N: 🚨Trigger Warning🚨
Self-harm is mentioned in this chapter. On an extremely personal note, I've suffered from Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder. If you're going through one or a combination of these, please know that recovery is possible, my sister.

Here are a couple of resources: www.eatingrecoverycenter.com or (800) 931-2237.

Also, if you need to talk to someone about it, you're more than welcome to DM me...it's a judgement-free zone.

***Harry's POV

After fighting congested traffic on the way to the airport and getting through Customs, we're at the gate and waiting for our flight. Bea has been sleeping on my shoulder for a good forty-five minutes and I must admit that I'm worried.

Bea has been awfully tired lately and the episode in the shower this morning made me worry even more. I've also noticed that her appetite has waned and it's like she can't get enough sleep. I know her time of the month drains the energy right out of her and I'm concerned about that as well.

Hmm...I wonder if it's as simple as a vitamin deficiency? I'll have her schedule an appointment with her doctor when we get home. Ha! Good luck with that, Harold. You're married to Mrs. Beatrice Stubborn Styles.

I crack a smile at my joke and Bea inhales a deep breath, earning my attention. I slowly duck my head to look at her beautiful face and she yawns, repositioning her head on my shoulder.

"Good afternoon, Love," I kiss the top of her head and she sits up, rubbing her eyes.

"Didn't realize I fell asleep on you."

"It's okay. You must've needed the rest."

"I guess," she sighs, covering another yawn and I smile fondly as she stretches her arms above her head. "I'm hungry. Do you want to stay with our carry-ons or get us something to eat?"

"I can go," I offer, already standing up and she thanks me. "What would you like?"

"Umm, how about pizza? That's quick and easy."

"Sounds good to me. Plain cheese with extra parmesan?" I ask even though I already know the answer and she nods. "Okay, I'll be right back. I have my cell if you need me."

"M'kay," she blows me a kiss and I wink at my girl.

With a dopey smile, I make my way over to the little pizzeria kiosk that I remember us passing on our way to our gate. Thankfully, there's no line, so I walk right up and order one cheese and one veggie slice with extra parmesan cheese.

I pay for the food and he returns my change, wishing me a nice day. I thank him while tucking the change in my pocket and I grab the plates and some napkins.

Since Bea and I already have our water bottles that we purchased when we arrived, it allows me to get one last thing for us.

She'll appreciate my sweet gesture so much that I might even earn a kiss.

And with that sweet thought, I hurry over to the kiosk.

I'm not as lucky with the line this time, but it's not that bad. As I take my spot behind the three people, I feel my phone in my pocket vibrate once.

Thinking that it could be a text from Bea, I balance both plates in my left hand and take out my phone. The notification on my lockscreen makes me smile and I swipe it open.

Love: I miss yoooouuu 😭

I glance up from my phone and take a step forward in the line, clicking on the button to reply.