Chapter 60 - Finale (Part 2)

***Bea's POV

"At least we got home before it turned dark, yeah?" Harry smiles at me while unlocking the door and I nod in agreement. "Alright, in you go, Love. Watch your step now."

With his hands protectively around my waist, I step inside our house and Harry follows close behind. While he locks the door and sets the alarm, I nervously wait for him in the entry way. The stark silence allows me to hear my heart pounding in my chest and it nearly jumps out when Harry looks at me.

"So, we're home now," he muses, hanging up his suit coat on the hook. "What's the second thing on your list?"

I know I should give him what he wants, more like deserves. Be selfless, Bea. He's been nothing but selfless for you. Okay. Deep breath.

"I'll tell you, but we have to go upstairs first," I say in a seductive tone and turn to walk up the stairs.

"Bea, wait," Harry gently grabs my hand, making me turn around. "Is this because of what I said on the Ferris Wheel? I don't want you to feel like you have to have sex if you don't want to. Dammit, I should've kept my bloody mouth shut. I need you to answer me truthfully, Beatrice. Was this your second thing?"

"Honestly no, now wait a second and lemme explain," I kindly shush him and he begrudgingly nods, huffing out a breath. "The only reason why it wasn't on my list is because I had told myself that you wouldn't want to ever have sex with me after seeing me go through the surgery and treatments, but after your heartwarming speech on the Ferris Wheel, I realize that you still love me despite what I've gone through and what I look like now."

Harry nods as if to prove his case even more. I smile softly at him, leaning more into his body and I wrap my arms around his shoulders. Since I'm a step above him, I lean down and peck his lips, earning a small smile.

"I want to make love to you, Harry. I miss that connection with you as well and I want to show you just how much I love you."

The look in his eyes lets me know he's excited and I beckon him with my finger, turning to walk up the stairs. With each step that I take, my nerves and insecurities fade away and so does my breath.

"Hold on, I have to rest for a sec."

"Are you okay, Love?"

"Mhm, just need to catch my breath."

Closing my eyes at the soothing feel of Harry's hand on my back, I realize what he's going to do. Instead of putting up a fight, I wrap my arms around his shoulders and let him carry me the rest of way up the stairs.

"You're so corny," I tease.

"You should know by now that we're both corny," he pecks my lips and I nod in agreement. "I wouldn't have it any other way, Baby."

I can't stop myself from smiling as my husband carries me into our bedroom and I kiss his cheek, working my way to his ear. He regards me with a low, appreciative hum and I give his earlobe a little bite.

"Fuck," he curses and I smile to myself as he lays me down on our bed. "No, wait. I can't do this."

You've got to be kidding me.

"What's the matter?" I ask, lifting myself up on my elbows and he turns on the light.

"I can't do this until we do the second thing that was originally on your list, so just tell me what it is and I'll make it happen right now."

"Alright, I'll tell you, but I don't want to do that anymore."

"Why not? It was on your list for a reason."