Chapter 60 - Finale (Part 3)

***Bea's POV

"What's the matter, Love?" he asks softly, moving to lay beside me. "Have you changed your mind about having sex tonight? It's okay if you have-"

"No, it's not that," I honestly admit, pulling the top of my nighty back up to cover my breasts. "I just realized I can't . . . I mean I won't be able to . . . give you . . . y'know, because of my mouth sores from the chemo. I'm sorry."

"No, Baby, there's no need to apologize," he coos. "I wasn't planning on that because tonight," he pauses to kiss my cheek, "is all about you," he kisses the tip of my nose, making me smile, "so there's no need to worry. Okay?" he pecks my lips and I nod in answer. "Right, so all you need to do, is just relax and let me take care of you. Will you let me do that for you? Will you let me make you feel good?"

The soft flickering glow from the few candles on my nightstand allows me to see the genuine expression on his face and the kindness in his eyes. In this moment, I feel a calm wash over me and an overwhelming need to be with my husband.

You are so lucky, Bea.

Exhaling a nervous breath, I nod and he pecks my lips, quickly working his way to my neck.

"Ah, yes, right there," I turn my head to give him more access and he chuckles on my skin.

"Did you mean here?" he knowingly asks, giving my skin a little nibble. "Or here?" he gently bites my earlobe and I shiver. "Or both?"

"Oh God, both. Your lips are magic."

He leans back and I'm met with a smartass grin.

"If you think my lips are magical, just wait until you see what my tongue can do."

"Ohmygod," I groan, feeling a heat wash over my entire body. "Hey, wait a sec. I just realized something."

"What's that, Love?"

"You still have your clothes on. Why? Normally you're so excited that you're naked by now."

His eyes travel down to where my fingers are fiddling with a button on his dress shirt and he covers my hand with his, fitting his eyes to mine.

"I wanted to wait for your cue; to see if you wanted to keep going because the last thing I wanted was for you to feel pressured."

Oh my God, I'm married to the perfect man.

"That is so sweet, Harry, and I know I don't deserve you. I mean you got me this really sexy, but really pretty lingerie and you've been so patient with me through all of this and ugh, I didn't mean to cry."

While I wipe my tears, I feel the bed dip as Harry reaches over me and he hands me a few tissues from my nightstand.

"Thanks. I know this hasn't been easy for you either. Hell, I haven't made it easy for you, and I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being with me every step of the way, even when I was a jerk to you some days, okay, most of the days," I admit and we both crack a much-needed smile. "I don't deserve you but I'm so incredibly happy and eternally grateful that you're my husband. I'm glad you made that bet when we were in high school because it brought us together and I can't imagine my life without you."

A few seconds pass and I feel like he's taking that time to really absorb the recognition that he's deserved all along but has never received, from me at least.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you for not leaving me. Thank you for being so supportive. Thank you for still loving me even though I look like this. Thank you thank you thank-"

I'm cut off by a kiss that takes me by surprise, but I quickly return the kiss, wrapping my arm around his shoulders to bring him closer. As he leans his body into mine, he kisses his way to my neck and I hook my leg behind his, bringing my hand to his hair.