Chapter 38 - A Little Faith

***Harry's POV

"It's been forty-seven minutes, Mum. Why haven't we heard anything yet? The nurse said someone would keep us updated, but we haven't heard a bloody thing. I can't just sit here," I shake my head, pushing off from my chair to stand. "I'm going to check with the nurse's station to see if they forgot."

"Harry, sweetie," my mum gently grabs my wrist, effectively stopping me from walking away. "Let's all calm down and take a breath. I'm sure someone will tell us something soon."

I quietly huff out a frustrated breath so she won't hear and I oblige her by sitting down. I lean my elbows over my legs, letting my head fall into my hands and I feel my mum's hand on my back. Instead of using her words, she comforts me by soothing my back, neck and shoulders and I can feel the tension slowly dissipate.

I'll admit that my exhaustion and stress have caught up with me and I might be a little cranky, but the fact that I'm worried about my wife is a legitimate fear.

But you have to stay positive, Harry. Have a little faith.

"Family of Beatrice Styles."

I look over at the doorway where a middle-aged nurse in surgical scrubs is standing and I raise my hand to get her attention. As she makes her way over, I glance at my mum and Robin and it's like we're silently encouraging each other.

"Good morning, I'm Faith, the nurse liaison," she says with a friendly smile and my jaw drops.

Her name is Faith. I said I needed to have a little faith. Holy shit. What kind of black magic sorcery is this?

"Sir, are you okay?"

"Uhm, yeah, sorry," I chuckle unbelievingly, extending my hand and she shakes it. "I'm Harry, Bea's husband. H-how is she? Is the surgery going well? Is it over?"

"Mr. Styles," Faith politely says, no doubt because she deals with frantic family members like myself on a daily basis, "as Dr. Schmidt discussed with you in the consultation, he has successfully removed Bea's ovaries and fallopian tubes without any complication."

"Oh that's such a relief," I exhale a sharp breath, feeling my heart calm down. "So, when can I see her?"

"When the surgeon is finished with the sutures, we'll take Beatrice into Recovery and I'll come back here to take you to her, and only one relative at a time is allowed, mind you."

"That'll be me," I quickly respond, feeling a sense of guilt and I turn to my mum. "M'sorry. Is it okay if I see her first?"

"Of course it is, Harry. You need to be there when she wakes up," my mum says and I thank her with a grateful smile.

"Alright, I'm going to head back to the OR," Faith says, earning our attention. "I'll be back in about twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes, I'll be ready," I eagerly say. "Thank you so much, Faith."

"My pleasure, Mr. Styles," she cordially shakes my hand before leaving the waiting room and I turn to my mum and Robin with a smile plastered on my face.

"I'm going to use the loo before Faith comes back. I don't want to miss her and I'm sure as hell, erm, heck," I correct my foul language in front of my mum, "not leaving Bea when I finally get to see her."

With Mum's understanding nod, I gather our empty breakfast containers and throw them in the rubbish bin before leaving the waiting room. As I walk down the hallway, I check my phone for the time so I'm sure to be back well-before the twenty minutes are up.

It's nearing eight in the morning and a smile tugs at my lips because I realize Ferris and Janelle should be awake by now. My paternal instincts kick in and I type a quick text to Lauren to ask how things are going.