Chapter 16 - Wiggle Worm

***Bea's POV

"Ah! I love it! It's so pretty," Ferris gapes at the silver locket Harry and I bought for her in Italy and she clutches it to her chest. "Thank you so so much, Mom."

"You're so so welcome, sweet girl, but you need to thank your father, too. He's the one who picked it out," I glance at Harry while feeding Janelle her last bite of rice cereal and he winks at me.

"Really? I'm shocked. He doesn't have any sense of fashion," Ferris says and laughter erupts at the table.

"Heyyy," he acts offended, earning some sympathy and he taps Ferris' shoulder. "Would you like your unfashionable father to help with that clasp, Love?"

"Yeah," she nods and hands him the necklace before lifting her hair. "I don't want it too tight, but I don't want it too low either."

"Yes, ma'am," he jokes, earning a bit of laughter again and I feel a little hand on my arm.

"Yes, sweet baby?" I coo and she opens her mouth for another bite. "It's gone gone. We're all done with breakfast now."

My explanation doesn't fly with her and she starts to whine.

"Sheesh! It sounds like someone needs an N-A-P," Ferris jokes and we all burst into laughter.

"I think you're right," I agree while removing Janelle's bib to wipe down her mouth and hands and I lean over the table to look at Harry. "Babe, would you mind making a bottle for her, please?"

"Of course, Love."

"While he does that, Ferris and I will wash the dishes. Won't we, darling?" Anne asks and Ferris happily agrees.

"Mum, you don't have to do that."

"Nonsense. We can't leave your house a mess."

"Yeah, and, and, and like Gramma always says, 'A clean house is a happy house.'"

"That's right, sweet girl, and I don't see a mess anywhere, so this house is very happy, and so am I."

Standing from my chair, I smile at Janelle and take her out of the highchair to hold on my hip. A sharp pain makes me whimper and I switch her to hold on my left hip, nonchalantly looking around to see if anyone noticed or heard.

Thankfully everyone's distracted by something else, so I walk over to Harry as if nothing happened. I smile fondly as I watch him shake the bottle with his right hand while sealing the formula container with his left hand.

Oh my God, he's so effing sexy right now. No, focus, Bea.

As I approach him, he looks over at me and smiles.

"Hello, two of my four loves."

"Hello, Dadda. What's the ETA on the bottle?" I ask, lightly bouncing Janelle to distract her from crying.

"Almost ready, Love. Just have to test the temperature. Hey, have you texted your parents that we're home?"

"I did in the cab. They asked if we'd like to go over there for dinner tomorrow. I told them I'd get back with them."

"Why didn't you just tell them yes?" he chuckles in an obvious manner, wiping down the bottle and Janelle makes grabby hands at it. "Do you not want to go?"

"No, I do, it's just that I didn't know if we'd be too tired from the trip," I explain and he hands the bottle to Janelle. She lays her head on my shoulder and starts chugging away. "Plus, don't we want some quality time with our babies first?" I ask and he nods with a smile, soothing Janelle's back. "Okay, I'm gonna rock her while she drinks her milk, then I'll put her down for an N-A-P. I think I might even lay down with her in our bed."