Chapter 15 - All The Ice Cream

A/N: In loving memory of the 9/11 victims:

***Harry's POV

"Thanks for the help, mate, and here's your tip."

"No problem and thank you," our cab driver eagerly takes the money and runs back to his cab since it's raining.

"Hurry up and open the door, Harry, I wanna see my girls," Bea urges and I exhale in frustration while struggling to unlock the door. "Oh my God, I think I hear Janelle crying. Hurry hurry hurry."

"Okay, just calm down, Bea. Alright, it's unlocked. In you go, Love," I open the door and she rushes inside, leaving me to bring in our luggage.

Welcome home to me.

Situating the carryon's strap on my shoulder, I grab the two duffle bags and walk inside the house, feeling my heart break at the sound of my baby girl's cries.

"Welcome back, son. Here, let me help you."

"Thank you, Robin, I'd appreciate that. There are only two suitcases on the porch and I think they have wheels on them."

I set the duffle bags against the wall in the foyer so they're out of the way and shake out my hands from the weight.  Robin comes back inside and once we set everything down, I shut the front door and exhale a breath.

"Now the fun part begins; unpacking," Robin chuckles, patting my back and I groan. "How was your vacation."

"Uhm, good overall. I think we were ready to come home though," I admit and he nods in understanding. "Where's Mum?"

"Dad! Oh my gosh, you're home!"

I turn around and smile as Ferris runs up to me. She's still in her pajamas and pink bathrobe, her blonde curls are a mess and she has a humongous smile on her face.

My little girl.

"Ferris!" I greet her with the same enthusiasm and she runs into my outstretched arms. "Oh, I've missed you so much. Do you know how much I love you?"

"More than all the cookies in the world."

"That's right," I kiss her head, giving her a little squeeze and kneel down so we're eye-to-eye. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I think you've grown, young lady."

"Really?" she asks with hopeful eyes; beautiful blue eyes that she inherited from her mum.

I nod in answer, holding back my tears because if I try to speak, I know I'll lose it.

Stay strong, Harry.

"So, what's the matter with your sister?"

"I don't know and I tried everything I could possibly think of to calm her down, Dad, but nothing worked," Ferris explains with a sad expression. "She's with Gramma and Mom now."