Chapter 51 - Broke My Heart

A/N: 🚨Trigger Warning🚨
Physical Abuse is mentioned in this chapter but is not acted out.

***Bea's POV

"Can you make sure my slippers and robe are in my duffle bag, please? I'd hate to leave them here."

"I packed them in your duffle bag after I helped you change into your sweats."

"Could you check again, please? It's my only robe and my favorite pair of slippers."

Harry huffs out a breath, no doubt irritated at my obsessive compulsive request, but he walks over to the bag. While I move to sit on the edge of the bed, I hear the harsh sound of the zipper and rustle of the bag followed by another heavy sigh.

"Whadya know, they're right here, wrapped in a plastic bag, in the side pocket, exactly where I put them."

"Excuse me, is something wrong? Did I piss you off somehow?" I impatiently ask and he stops at the foot of the bed still keeping eye contact. "You're not gonna answer me?"

Real mature, Harry.

"I'm afraid you won't like what I have to say and Jeremy will be back any moment with a wheelchair and the supplies you'll need at home, so no."

"What are you talking about? Did I do or say something to upset you? I know those pain killers are strong, but-"

"I said I don't want to discuss it now."

"You're like a completely different person this morning and I'll be honest, I liked you better when you were all doting and sugary sweet with me."

"Well, Beatrice, it's-"

A knock at the door interrupts our intense moment and I couldn't be more thankful for Jeremy right now.

"Who's ready to go home?" his chipper tone and smile fade the closer he gets. "Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"No, we're just sad we have to say goodbye to my wonderful nurses," I offer an excuse, hoping he won't ask any more questions.

"The feeling's mutual because you were my favorite patient ever," he grins and looks over at Harry. "Now I need you to take good care of her when you get home, okay?"

"Sure, mate," Harry answers in a short tone. "I've signed the paperwork already, so are we ready to go?"

Jeremy glances over at me with an unsure look and I force a smile so he doesn't become worried.

"Yeah, the doctor's signed everything so you're all set," he replies, moving the wheelchair closer to me and he puts on the brakes. "Lemme help you, sweetie. On the count of three. One, two, three."

With a grunt, I stand up from the bed and slowly sit down in the wheelchair, blowing out a relieved breath. Jeremy places his hand on mine while he takes off the brakes and I can sense this is his way of comforting me.

He's a sweetie pie. And he's so strong with those bulging muscles. Nelson's a lucky guy.

"If you get the bags, I'll push Mrs. Styles," Jeremy bargains, earning nothing more than a nod from Harry and I feel a comforting pat on my shoulder. "Alright, let's go."

As we make our way down the hall, I wave to the nurses and thank them for all that they did for me during my stay here at the hospital.

Harry doesn't engage in our conversation, instead he keeps walking to the double doors and stops to wait for us. I'm not surprised considering how he's been acting this morning, but I can't say I'm not disappointed.