One - "Georgie?"

- October, 1988 -

It was a rainy November afternoon when Lyds Greystone found herself wandering around the streets of Derry.

Everything seemed so peaceful, there wasn't a person in sight, that was exactly how she wanted it to be. No people, no worries. Nothing.

Only her and the sound of rain.

"I hate you..." she mumbled

With anger seething through her, she kicked a rock across the street. It bounced across the ground before hitting against the curb and it landed back at her feet.

"I just want Dad back..."

When Lydia's father had died a year earlier she'd been forced to move in with her Aunt Kim. The pair had never gotten along well, especially since Kim always beat on her niece.

"Get off of me!"

"Not until you learn to behave yourself!" Kim yelled before rearing her fist back and hitting the young girl across the face.

Lyds shuffled across the ground, desperate to get away from her aunt before she hit her again.

"What are you trying to get away from?"

"You! I'm trying to get away from you!"

Faster than a bolt of lightning, Lyds threw open the porch door and ran for the street, praying to god that her Aunt didn't follow her.

And that was how she found herself stood outside of Billie's house.

The two of them, alongside Eddie, Richie and Stanley, had been best friends since they were kids. So she knew she was safe hiding at his place.

"Hi Mrs Denbrough, is Billie home?"

"Yes, but I'm afraid he's sick."

"Oh..." she sighed, the fake smile she held on her face quickly faded, "I-I guess I'll be going then."

"I suppose it would be okay if you stayed for an hour, but no longer. I don't want you to get sick too."

"Thank you so much."

With a smile on her face, one much brighter, and much more real than before, Lyds threw off her wet raincoat and ran upstairs to Billie's room.

The younger boy lay huddled beneath the bed sheets, the tip of his nose was red from sneezing so much, and his hair was a disheveled mess. He looked younger than he really was, much more like a sick toddler than a sick thirteen year old.

"L-Lyds, hey."

"Hi Billie, your mom told me you were sick. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I probably just caught it from a k-kid at school."

"Well at least we know you didn't catch it from Eddie." She chuckled

The two beamed at one another as Billie rested further into the bed, his tired body seemed to beg for the escape of sleep.