Five - "Why do you have two fanny packs?"

I wore my lover t shirt that's designed like Eddie's cast whilst writing this so if that doesn't show you dedication idk what does??

"Help me."

The second the unknown boy collapsed into the water behind them, the group of friends immediately stopped what they were doing and stared. No one moved, not until the boy tried to get to for a second time and once again fell face down into the water.

"Holy shit! What happened to you?" Richie yelled

"Are you okay?" Lyds eyes widened

Before she even knew it, she'd walked across the stream, kicking water up behind her, and knelt beside the boy. The water immediately covered her bare legs.

"Don't just stand there! Help!" She suddenly turned on her friends, to which they all ran over at once.

Soon enough, the losers found themselves riding away from the sewers and in the direction of Keene's pharmacy. Ben was forced to catch a ride on the back of Billie's bike, whilst Lyds had to once again get a ride from Richie. Something which she didn't particularly enjoy

"I really need to talk to you Rich." She mumbled in his ear

"About what?"

"You know what I'm talking about." Lydia let out a frustrated sigh, "Please, I'm begging you, just don't tell Eddie."

"I won't L. We all know how he gets over you."

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about." He repeated her, but this time with a smirk plastered on his face.

Bill pulled to a stop in the alley beside Keane's and cautiously, he set Ben down on top of a crate. Richie stopped too, and helped to Lyds to climb from the back of his bike, Eddie and Stan followed closely behind them.

From just one look at the short boy, Lyds immediately knew that Ben must've been in a lot of pain, and she could tell he was much stronger than they'd judged him to be, he'd been cut with a knife for crying out loud and he hadn't cried once. She wished she could be as strong as him.

"Richie stay here!" Billie called out

Hastily, he grabbed Lydia's hand and pulled her inside the store, and for some reason from the moment Eddie saw Billie grab Lydia's hand, his heart sparked with jealousy.

They didn't even let go of one another's grasp, perhaps they wanted to hold hands, perhaps didn't realise they were doing it, but still it annoyed Eddie all the same.

"Okay!" Eddie clapped before he forced his way in between the two friends, and he proceeded to drag Lydia towards the medical supplies.

"Hold this." He handed her a bag of cotton balls, in a desperate attempt to occupy her hands with something other than Billie's. "And this, and this, oh! And that too."

"Can we afford all of this?" Billie questioned

"This is all we've got..." Stan frustratedly motioned to the five dollar bill in his hand.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Your mom has an account here, right Eds?"

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself then I'll have to spend the entire weekend in the emergency room getting X-rayed."

"Don't worry guys, I got this."

Only Billie knew the things she had to do for her aunt, meaning how she had to steal from that very same place for her. He immediately shook his head in protest, knowing exactly what she was thinking.