Thirty One - "We all have scars, Bev."

"Richie! Help!"

Lydia Kaspbrak had never felt more terrified in her life than the fear she felt for her husband that day. She'd never forget the way she felt as she dragged Eddie from their room and out onto the floor, blood pouring out of his face and staining both their hands and their clothes crimson.

"Oh my god!" Bev screamed as she and Ben ran over to the pair.

"Lyds what the hell happened?" Ben asked desperately

"Henry Bowers is in my room." Eddie mumbled as more blood fell from between his once pink lips.

"It's okay baby, it's okay." Lydia's lips trembled as she pressed a gentle hand against Eddie's face, stopping the blood but only for a moment.

"Lyds..." The man mumbled in a daze

"Ben-"

Lydia opened her mouth to tell Ben to get her car keys and to ask Bev to get some bandages and to beg Eddie not to pass out, but before she could even get a word out Ben had forced his way into their room. Right where Henry was.

"Ben, no!" She screamed, racing after him.

"Lyds... Don't leave." Eds pleaded but his love didn't hear him

"It's okay Eddie. She'll be right back." Bev spoke softly

"I'm bleeding." He told her matter-of-a-factly, "I want my wife."

"Ben what are you doing?" Lyds caught his arm, tearing him back and away from the bathroom.

"Eddie is out there bleeding Lyds! We can't let him get away with this, the guy has a stab wound for crying out loud-"

"Please! I-I don't want to lose you too."

"Alright." Ben melted at the sound of the woman's words, Lyds had always had that effect on people. "Take my hand, we'll do this together."

And she did just as Ben said, but not before grabbing a pillow from the ground.

"What's that for?"

"In case he tries to stab us." She shrugged with tear filled eyes, "Okay... Let's do this shit."

Together, the pair charged into the bathroom, Ben with his fists raised and Lyds with her pillow. But it seemed Bowers was nowhere in sight, and instead glass shards and a broken window were left in his place.

"Oh fuck..."

The Kaspbrak woman stared out onto the street and she felt a pair of eyes upon her once more. There in the middle of the street, tearing his own knife from his chest, was the man who was once her friend, turned bully, turned threat to her and her family's life. Bowers. Lyds knew in that moment that she wouldn't rest until Eddie was safe again, until Henry was dead. Until the clown was gone.

"Ben, get my car keys out of my bag... I'm about to run that morherfucker down."

"Lyds, Eddie needs you. Bowers can wait."

"Hell yeah!" Bowers cheered as he raced over to a car with what looked like a corpse inside, "One down, six to go! Let's go Hockstetter!"

And just like that he climbed inside the car and sped away, taking any last shred of rage Lyds felt with him. Instead her body was filled with sobriety and a need for her husband, and just like that she forgot about Bowers.

"Ben my keys-"

"Lyds I'm not letting you go after him!"

"I'm going to Keene's pharmacy, we don't have time to take Eddie to the emergency room, and I need to clean his wound before it starts getting infected."