Six - "Eddie, did you just hit on me?"

It was 2:30pm exactly when Lyds finally showed up to meet Beverly. The flame haired girl had waited and waited until she thought that her new found friend wasn't going to show, but just as she was about to give up the Greystone girl finally showed her face. Her somewhat bruised face, but still she was there.

After arriving home late the previous day, Lyds had been beaten for hours as punishment, that was why she was so late. Her legs felt too numb and bruised to walk on. God, how badly she'd wanted to call Billie or Richie, to get them to come over and save her from her own tragedy, but the sad girl knew she'd only be putting her friends in harms way by doing so, and she never wanted to see them hurt.

"So you're finally here, huh?" Beverly chuckled softly, the red head tried her best to ignore the fresh bruise on her friends jaw.

"I'm so so sorry, my Aunt needed me to do some chores for her, and I woke up late and-" Lyds rambled on and on

"It's cool, don't worry about it."

For a while after that, the pair walked in silence, they walked by stores, the park, even an ice-cream truck, but still neither one of them spoke. 

"Your hair..." Lyds murmured

"What?"

"Your hair, you cut it all off."

"I know, it looks kinda weird huh?" Beverly sighed

"I don't think so, you look really pretty if I'm honest. I'm sure Bill will like it."

"Bill? What's he got to do with anything?"

"Oh please! Did you not see the way he looked at you yesterday? He's got a crush!"

Lydia let out a laugh, whilst Beverly on shook her head, hiding the hint of a smile on her lips. "What about the way Eddie looks at you? Huh?"

"He doesn't look at me like anything!"

"He so does, I see you guys together in school all of the time, and he's always looking at you."

"He doesn't." Lyds protested? "We're just friends."

"Okay, then why don't we go tell Eddie that?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You'll see!" The young Marsh girl smirked mischievously before she caught her new friend by the wrist and lead her out towards the Quarry...

*

*

*

*

*

*

"I'm telling you! You're making a big deal out of nothing Bev. He doesn't like me that way."

"Then let's go see for ourselves. Prove me wrong Greystone."

With that said, Beverly began to strip down from her clothes and Lyds immediately took a step back, completely dumbfounded by the entire situation.

"What are you doing?"

"Can't you hear them?" She asked, "The boys are over there, and we're supposed to be swimming in the Quarry with them today."

"No, no way. I am not letting them see me in my underwear!"

It was only two minutes later that Lydia found herself mumbling curse words under her breath, all whilst she followed Beverly over to the boys in nothing but her undergarments.