Twenty - "We made it."

"Georgie?"

"What took you so long?"

Out from the shadows of the sewer, came Little Georgie Denbrough. The small boy that everytone had oh so dearly loved trembled as he spoke, almost as if he was afraid of everything around him. A small paper boat, the same paper boat that Lyds had watched Bill make for him so long ago, was clutched in his left hand.

But as for his right hand... it was gone. His entire right arm had been torn off, just as Lyds' own father's had been.

"I was looking for you this whole time." Bill called out as the small boy continued to walk towards him.

"I couldn't find my way out of here."

No one moved and nobody spoke. Each one of the losers knew that Bill needed to have his moment with Georgie, whether it really was him or not, he needed closure and all of them wanted to give that to him. And so even Lyds, Stan and Bev who had all been injured only minutes earlier forgot their pain and stayed silent for Bill's sake.

"It said I could have my boat back Billie."

Silently, Bill began to cry, "Was she fast?"

"I couldn't keep up with it." Georgie nodded

As Georgie spoke, Lyds couldn't help but notice the yellow that flashed across his eyes, the same yellow that flowed in the clown's eyes. It wasn't Georgie. She knew Bill needed that moment with him, but she couldn't bring herself to let another one of her friends get hurt. She had to stop him.

"She Georgie, you call boats 'she'."

"Take me home Billie."

But Bill couldn't bring himself to say anything, not a single word, because he knew. He knew that the boy before him wasn't his brother, in those moments where he found himself staring into Georgie's brown eyes, he finally realised that his baby brother was gone.

"I wanna go home!" Tears fell down his round face, "I miss you! I wanna be with Mom and Dad!"

"I want more than anything for you to be home... with M-Mom a-and Dad... I miss you so much."

Tentatively, Bill began to take short steps towards Georgie, almost as if on instinct Lyds began to step forwards too and with every step her wounds began to hurt more and more, almost as if they were reopening.

"Bill..." she whispered, "Bill."

"I love you Billie..." Georgie stared up his brother

"I love you too."

Bill moved his arm, almost as if he was about to wrap Georgie in a hug that would inevitably end his life, but before he could Lyds caught a hold of his wrist.

"Bill that isn't-"

"Georgie." With his free hand the Denbrough boy pressed the bolt gun against the child's head, "You're not Georgie."

With just one pull of the trigger, Georgie's small body lay on the ground with a hole in his head, whilst Bill fell back into Lydia's grasp, fearing as the seconds went on and on that he really had just killed his brother.

"Lyds!" Eddie suddenly called out, " Keep back!"

It was only then, as the blonde girl pulled her eyes away from Bill, that she realised the body on the ground that had once been Georgie was spasming and let out cries of pain as it shook and shook and shook.

"L, come here!"

Beverly reached out and pulled her friend back, just as Richie had done with Bill only seconds earlier, and together the losers watched in a collective state of fear as Georgie started to sprout a new arm and his body morphed into something else entirely.