Fourteen - "Eddie Spaghetti!"

This chapter is 101% Lyds taking back her life and I love it god damn
And Shoutout to my new best friends FarmerMegan2 trashmouth_tozier__ GazebosITDory ITPennywiseLover bubblydory you guys are awesome (sorry if I missed anyone I couldn't remember all of the users)

The next morning, Lyds found herself limping away from her home in the direction of Eddie's house. Despite the limp her Aunt had so obviously given the younger girl, her heart no longer felt as heavy, because she has finally stood up to her so called "Aunt" and she was finally going to get to see Eddie again.

When the Greystone girl had tried to leave her home, her Aunt had desperately tried to stop her for no reason other than to make her miserable, she hated her more than anything. She was despicable.

"Where are you going?" Kim rose an eyebrow

"Out." Lyds said bluntly as she pulled the straps of her backpack up her shoulders. "To see my friends

"No you're not. I need you to go steal me some-"

"No!"

"No? Did you just say no to me?"

"I'm sick of your shit!" She outburst, "I'm sick of you pushing me around and treating me like a pile a crap just because your twin brother died! Newsflash, I loved him too, he was my father and I lost him too!"

Kim stood frozen for a moment as the reality of her Niece's words finally hit her. She knew she was right, everything she'd ever said was right. But the older woman was too drunk and doped up and too self-centred to ever admit that to Lyds, or to herself.

"So why don't you quit acting like the world has placed some fucking burden on you and stop taking your anger out on me? Because I'm done with it!"

"Who the hell do you think you are?" She yelled out

Violently, she hit the palm of her hand against the soft flesh of her niece's cheek, and she harshly kicked the back her in the knee, causing the small girl's knees to buckle and her to fall to the ground. Solemnly, Lyds climbed to her feet, and normally she would have cowered away but instead the blonde stood still and took whatever her aunt could give.

"I'm not scared of you Kim."

"What gives you the right to talk about my brother?" He lip quivered, "You shouldn't get to take about Charlie."

"I know why you're like this Kim." She spoke calmly, "You act this way because a piece of you died inside that car with him, and I remind you so much of him that it physically hurts you to look at me... but that doesn't give you any right to treat me the way you do."

"Get out. Get out of my fucking house."

"You're only saying that because you know I'm right Kim!"

"Go." Tears threatened to spill from the red haired woman's eyes, and she knew that if her niece stayed she'd end up crying in front of her. "Get out!"

With that Lyds silently nodded and headed for the streets, her leg throbbed beneath her and the weight of her bag seemed to pull her down, but she didn't care. She'd finally told her aunt exactly what she thought of her, and nothing had ever felt more right.