Eleven - "You'll float too!"

Lyds had never been more scared in her life than on the bike ride to the Neibolt House. Not even with her arms wrapped around Eddie and her head resting softly against his back as he pedalled did she feel safe.

Billie had always been the glue that held their little group of misfits together, he was the leader, he was the boy who knew all of her secrets and who was her best friend. Without him there, even with Eddie, and Stan, and Richie, the freckled girl felt as if she was in harms way already.

"You're shaking." Eddie whispered, his voice was almost lost in the wind.

"What if he's gone Eddie? What if we lose him?" Her lip quivered, "With all of the shit the clown's been making me see, I don't know what's real anymore. What if he really is dead and I still see him?"

"Bill's gonna be okay."

"What about us?" She asked, not exactly sure what she meant by it herself.

(If I see one high school musical reference I'm deleting my account 😂)

"I'm scared shitless if I'm honest with you Lyds." Eddie spoke, unsure if he was talking about the clown, or the obvious spark he'd felt between him and his best friend. "But we've got each other to keep us safe. We're a team, right?"

The young girl nodded, she meekly reached forwards and placed her hand over Eddie's which rested on the steering bars, "We always have been."

(AHhh I ship them so fucking much)

When the losers reached Neibolt Street, nobody spoke. All any of them could do was keep their eyes trained on the crack house where Bill was. Where that fucking clown was, no doubt waiting to kill them all.

"Please don't be dead Billie." Lyds mumbled

Thankfully, when the seven friends pulled up outside the Neibolt house, all of them throwing their bikes to the ground, even Stan. Bill was just walking up the porch steps, it looked like they'd arrived just in time.

"You're okay." Lyds whispered to nobody but herself the second she laid her eyes on her younger friend.

"Bill, you can't go in there! This is crazy!" Beverly called out to him

"Look, you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Eddie Corcoran? Or another Mr Greystone? Or one of us? Are you just going to act like this isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't." Tears began to fall down his red cheeks, and all any of the losers wanted to do was walk over there and hug him.

"I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals... So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own."

Everyone watched in admiration as Bill turned to the battered and rotting door, and he prepared himself to go inside, with or without his friends.

"Wow." Richie said

"What?"

"He didn't stutter once."

"Bill wait!" Lyds was the first of her friends to step forwards, "This thing, whatever it is, it killed my Dad. I don't know how I know, but I do, I can feel it. It hurts to breathe without thinking about it, and I know you feel the same way. So I'm with you, all the way. If you wanna go in there and fight that thing, then so will I."

"Wow it must suck to be you Eddie." Richie snorted

"Why?"

"Because we all know if she's going in there then you are too."