Twenty Six - "Guess Stanley Could Not Cut It ?"

"Lyds?"

The Jade of the Orient seemed almost silent as Lyds and Eddie Kaspbrak made their way across the tiled floor, Eddie could feel his wife's hand shake within his grasp and he knew, he felt, just how hard it was for her to be there. From the way her eyes filled with tears to the way her head fell against his shoulder, Eddie felt her pain. Being back in Derry had been hard for both of them, but he knew how hard it was for her, after all she was the one who lost her entire family. But what Eds didn't realise was that his wife's tears were not ones of strife but much rather tears of happiness. Of course, it was the place where all of her bad memories lay, but it was also where her favourite memories did too, and as she stepped across the restaurant she found herself stood face to face with five of those memories.

It didn't seem real, being back in Derry that is, it all felt like some sort of dream, just like the clown had.

"Lyds..." Bill breathed out and before anyone could comprehend what was happening he had swept the woman up into his arms, so her feet barely met the ground, and he swung her around within his embrace.

It was a strange sight to see, but anyone who knew Lyds and Bill knew their friendship had been one based on loss, but that was what made their bond so much stronger, and no amount of money or time could take that from them. They'd felt that same pain.

"Bill!" Lydia began to cry, "I missed you so much, I read your books, I read all of them-"

"How long has it been?"

"27 years." Eddie spoke up, his hand fell upon the shorter woman's shoulder, "It's good to see you Bill."

"Is that a hint of jealousy I detect?" Richie called out

"Fuck off." Eddie snapped, causing both Lyds and Richie to let out a laugh. The dynamic trio had been apart for years and still it seemed as if nothing had changed.

It was only when the Kaspbrak woman pulled herself out of her trance that she noticed a familiar woman with short red hair stood motionless at the other side of the table. It couldn't be.

"Bev..."

"Lyds, h-how are you?"

"Never better." Lydia beamed and once more she was trapped in her friends tight embrace, "What about you? You look great!"

"You know, I just left a dead end marriage, so I don't think I've ever been better either."

"Fuck that guy."

"Yeah, fuck him."

"Talking about Eddie again?" Richie piped up, resting his head upon the blonde woman's shoulder.

"Beep beep Richie." Another man laughed and Lyds suddenly became aware of the man who'd been watching them.

"I'm sorry I don't remember you-"

"L, it's Ben."

"Holy shit!"

"You haven't changed." He chuckled

"Well you sure have... I mean, you look-"

"Not fat anymore?" Rich quirked a brow

"Well I can see someone's still a trashmouth." Eddie immediately rolled his eyes and with everyone reintroduce he thought it would be best to seat himself, and so that was what he did but of course the second he had a moment to himself he began to remember the reason he was there and made a grab for his inhaler.

"Eds?" Lydia sat beside him calmly, careful not to alert their friends as to what was happening, "Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine just give me a minute."