Sixteen - "Goodbye Lyds."

This chapter gave me strong season one finale Stranger Things vibes, kill me please bc this hurt me to write. There's going to be a death in this chapter so you should probably prepare yourself. It's the saddest plot twist you never knew you needed.
And please listen to the song above because it fits this chapter perfectly.

"The clown got Bev."

Lyds felt as if she was going to faint. Beverly. The only girl she had ever been friends with, best friends with had been taken by that fucking clown. It had already taken everything else from her, her sanity, her father, her happiness, but Beverly too? There was a line and Pennywise had crossed it. There was going to be hell to pay.

"We have to go now." She spoke quietly, "Before your Mom realises I'm here. We can't let her die Eddie..."

Silently, Lyds tipped her head back to stop the tears from falling, she hit her lip and clenched her fists. She'd lose it if they couldn't save Bev in time.

"We're not gonna let her die." Eddie placed his hands on her shoulders, "Please believe me Lyds."

"I believe you Eddie." She said almost in a whisper

The Kaspbrak boy smiled and pressed a soft kiss to his crush's forehead. She leaned into his touch and the two held each other for a short moment before they headed hand in hand to the door.

"What are you doing in my house? I thought I told you to-" Mrs Kaspbrak glared, but then her eyes slowly fell on the children's conjoined hands, "Oh... Eddie, sweetie, you need to step away from Lyds."

"No Mom."

"What did you just say?

"I said no!"

"Eddie you might think this girl is your friend, but she let you get hurt. I am your mother, I'm  your mother and I'm only trying to help-"

"I like her! And she likes me!" He outburst, "And we've been kissing, Mom!"

"You." The older women turned to Lyds, "You've been- infecting my son!"

"No she hasn't! We're leaving, so you don't need to say anything else."

Eddie pulled Lyds by the hand around his mother but she quickly threw her arm out across the door, once again blocking the two teens inside the house.

"And just where do you think you're off to?" She grabbed Eddie's other hand but Lyds protectively pulled him out of his mother's grasp.

"Out." He lightly pushed Lyds behind him, "With our friends."

"Sweetie, you can't go. You're getting over your sickness, remember?"

"My sickness? Ok, what-what sickness, ma?"

Mrs Kaspbrak only stayed silent, her eyes stared uneasily between Eddie's angry expression and the Greystone girl hiding uneasily behind her son. She had no words to say, no words because Eddie didn't have a sickness. He didn't need his pills like she'd told him he did so many years ago.

All he needed in that moment was to get away from his mother.

"You know what these are?" The Kaspbrak child reached into his fanny pack and pulled out two small orange bottles of pills.

"They're gazebos! They're bullshit!"

"Placebos Eds..." Lyds mumbled in his ear, a soft smile tainted her rosy lips

Sonia Kaspbrak turned her pink sweaty face to stare at the two young children, her eyes stuck unblinking and her meat like hands clenched into a pair of sweaty fists.