Thirty - "You can't friendzone me, we're married!"

"Fuck!"

Lydia Kaspbrak cursed as she tripped on the hotel doorsteps and hit the ground with a thud. She had been running for so long that it felt as if her lungs were caving in on themselves and her legs burned with a fiery pain unlike anything else. She wanted so badly just to lay there and cry, to pray for one of her friends to come and find her, but she knew she wasn't truly safe until she was back in their arms. And so she forced herself to her feet.

"Eds!" The woman yelled the second she was inside, there wasn't a soul in sight. "Eddie... W-Where are you? S-Stan?" She stumbled across her words suddenly remembering that her best friend was gone.

"Richie! P-Please!"

"Lyds is that you?" Richie's voice echoed across the hotel as he raced down the stairs and over to his friend, she instantly collapsed in his arms. His once white shirt turned red. "The fuck happened to you? Who did this? You look like Eddie's moms vagina!"

"The clown, I was getting my token and it attacked me! It pretended to be my aunt, and Henry and even Eddie-"

"The same thing happened to me! It knows Lyds!" He grabbed her shoulders ever so harshly, harsh enough to leave bruises.

"Richie just calm down! Tell me what happened! It's just me and you Rich, like always! You don't have to be scared with me-"

"No you don't understand Lyds, it knows my secret! I have to get out of here." He scrambled for the stairs once more, dragging her behind him.

"Richie it's okay, I know-"

"No! You don't know, you don't understand how it feels to-"

"Richie, I know!" The woman repeated and suddenly the weight of the world felt as if it had fallen from Richie Tozier's meagre shoulders.

"You know?"

"It doesn't matter what you are, gay, straight, bisexual... You're still Richie, that's what matters most."

"You knew? This whole time?"

"Rich." She chuckled, pulling him into a tight hug, "We've been best friends since I was fourteen. I know everything about you."

And just like that Richie melted into her touch, not caring so much about the blood anymore. "I love you." He told her, his face buried in the crook of her neck.

"I love you too." She whispered in his ear.

"Hey Richie!"

It was a quiet sunday afternoon in the middle of summer and Lydia Greystone found herself strolling across the street and over to the arcade. She'd been excited all afternoon, she was finally going to get see Richie after almost two weeks of their little group being scattered and nothing had ever meant more to her. Nothing could have destroyed the ecstasy in the young girl's mind, everything was going to be perfect. Everything was supposed to be perfect. That was until, just as Lyds reached the doors of the arcade, Richie came racing outside with tears in his wide eyes.

"Richie? Where are you going? What's wrong?"

"Fuck off Lyds!"

With that said, Lyds let out a soft sigh and turned to walk away with tears in her big blue eyes but that was before she noticed the reflection of the Bowers gang in the window and just like that she'd stormed inside.

"Hey asswipes!" She yelled, shoving Henry so hard he stumbled backwards into Vic, and the pair of them hit one of the machines. "The fuck did you say to him?"

"Oh so Trashmouth sent his little bitch in here to deal with us." Henry let out another laugh, barely even turning to look at the girl.

"Yeah I might be little but the only bitch in here is you Bowers, now tell me what the fuck you said to my friend?" The blonde girl hissed, by this point she was right in bowers face and each of his gang readied themselves to tear her apart at Henry's command.