Twenty One - "I'm yours."

There's two chapters left after this and idk how to feel :((

Only a few days passed by and the losers found themselves sat together in the early morning light beside the river.

Beverly sat silently with her copper covered hair falling around her face, almost covering the small cut etched into her cheek. Lyds could already tell how emotionally damaged the girl had become, she'd had to kill her own father after all, and so she'd spent the night at Lydia's house, both orphans spending Beverly's last night in Derry together.

Bill was tired and partly mad with himself, himself and the rest of the losers had been too exhausted to carry up the bodies of Georgie, Kim and Charlie, and so they'd left them down there. None of the children would have had an explanation for the bodies anyway, but he still couldn't forgive himself for leaving Georgie yet again. But he did keep his baby brother's yellow raincoat.

Ben was at peace with himself, he'd saved Beverly and defeated the thing that had scared him most. Sure, he didn't get the girl like he'd deserved, but he accepted that. It wasn't his time but soon enough it would be and he was okay with that. He was alive, his friends were alive and Beverly was alive, that was all that mattered.

Mike was proud of himself and his friends, although he still feared what had happened to his family, he was ready to move forward with the losers club by his side. The eight of them had formed an irrefutable bond and in the process they'd become his new family. He wasn't alone anymore.

Stan, with a bandage wrapped around his head sat closest to Lyds, he'd become plenty more attached to her after they'd shared a near death experience together, just as she had him. And the pair both knew they would share that bond for years to come. He, unlike some of his friends, was glad everything was over.

Richie acted as if everything had gone back to normal, he was still the same trash mouth that everyone knew and loved, but something about him had changed, perhaps it was his tired eyes or the fact he'd single-handedly attacked a killer clown, but he seemed older, and more mature in a sense that no one except Lyds could ever begin to understand.

Eddie was incredibly protective and attached of everyone around him, he sat as close to his friends as humanly possible and at all times he kept an arm around his almost girlfriend. The young boy had gone back home on the night they killed the clown covered in leper puke and was immediately hounded by his mother, but the brown eyes didn't spare that a single thought for his mother as he closed his bedroom door on her, all he could think about was seeing his friends and his lover when daylight came.

And as for Lyds, she didn't quite know how she felt. It felt as if everything had changed in one terror filled night and she wasn't sure how to feel about it. After seeing both her Aunt's and her Father's chewed up bodies, she felt emotionally ruined, the blonde girl didn't even cry, all she could bring herself to do was walk out of the sewer clutching onto Eddie the entire time. He was the one thing she didn't feel numb over, when she looked at him all she felt was relief. Relief that he was still with her, and relief that she could still feel love for something despite losing everything else she had. Upon looking at him, clown puke and all, when when he and the others took her to Keane's pharmacy to fix her and Stan up after the final, she'd realised just that. He was her first love, she loved him. Lyds Greystone loved Eddie Kaspbrak and that was the beginning and end of their story.

Even as she watched him in the morning light beside the river, with his cast covered arm, and seemingly messy hair, her heart didn't stop beating for him for a single second.

"You stabbed me in the eye." Eddie suddenly turned to look at her, a somewhat proud smile spread across his face.

"What?"