Thirty Five - "Eddie, I think she's dead..."

"Lyds, you need to keep still."

"I can't." The girl whimpered as tears fell from her loving blue eyes. Eddie couldn't bare to see her in such a way, the last thing he ever wanted was to see her hurt and there she was, right in front of him, with a bloody lip and a burn on her back. In that moment, he hated her aunt more than ever, he wanted her dead. In that moment, to Eddie, Pennywise wasn't the real monster, her aunt was.

"If you don't sit still I'm not going to be able to clean it properly and then it's going to get infected and then you'll have to go to the hospital and-"

"I'm sorry Eds." She leaned into his touch, her bare back pressed against his warm chest. "I'm sorry..."

"Stop apologising. None of this - not a single part of it - is your fault."

"But it is, I should've just-" Lyds hesitated for a moment, biting down on her lip, "I should've been more careful."

"What happened L?"

It was silent in Eddie Kaspbrak's empty home for a moment as the pair lay contempt in one another's embrace. Lyds had never felt more at home than with Eddie, but at the same time she had never felt so terrified. She knew she couldn't tell him the truth, even though he knew what her aunt did to her, it would only make him worry more. And so Lyds chose the easy choice.

Could I lie to Eddie, again? She asked herself

"I was screwing around near the clubhouse and I fell down the hatch... I-uh- I got a little friction burn when I fell."

"Lyds this isn't friction burn."

"Yes it is, I did it when I fell-"

"We both know that isn't true." He forced out before he laid a light kiss upon her cheek, "You hate going there alone that's why I always go with you, that's our place.... So I know that this was your Aunt, Lyds. I know the truth now, y-you can talk to me about these things."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop." He told her

"I should've just stopped arguing with her-"

"Stop it!" Eddie snapped, his hands gently grabbed ahold of her shoulders and forced her to turn to face him. "It is not your fault! It's that - that bitch's fault because she can't control her anger! You... You are so good Lyds and you don't even realise it."

"No I'm not." She turned away from him, ashamed.

"She did this to you, it was all her, so stop fucking blaming yourself!"

"I can't!"

"I can't..." The woman winced as her husband wrapped a strip of fabric torn from his hoodie around her arm as a makeshift bandage. Her wound was deep and Eddie greatly feared what might happen to his lover if they didn't defeat the clown or escape soon enough, he was terrified he would lose her to a small wound; but mostly he was terrified he would lose her to that fucking clown.

He couldn't watch her bleed out again, not after last time.

"Lyds. I am not losing you." He told her matter-of-a-factly, "So the bandage goes on and it stays on."

"But it hurts."

"I know, but it's my fault this happened to you so now I'm going to make sure you don't bleed out and almost die right in front of me all over again."

"Why are you always so stubborn?"

"I'm your husband and you love my stubbornness, so deal with it."

"Are you guys ready?" Bill called to them, the losers nodded and together they descended the stairs into the basement.