Chapter 12, First Date Part 1

J,

My alarm goes off about 730 in the morning like any other normal school day  and when I turn it off I usually am still sleepy and cranky so I turn over and a couple more minutes until my second alarm goes off and I get up. Not today
When i woke up it wasn't like any other day before. I woke up with a smile on my face. When my alarm went off I turned it off and still layed in bed but this time with a smile on my face and them I just layed there.

Yesterday me and Veronica confessed our feelings and today is our first date.
I feel like well not me. Not the this town this life sucks moppy Jughead this time I'm hopeful .  Today I actually took a shower this morning. I brushed my teeth styled my hair . I cared about my look .

----------
V,

This morning when I woke up I felt like I was in some disney musical. I felt like birds were chirping and I felt like singing.  I usually wake up at 7 it takes a couple alarms but then I'm up I check my phone then shower , dress, makeup , and hair. But today I felt like dancing around the room and sing I did but silently I didn't want the everyone in my house to seem like i was a weirdo. I plugged my headphones in my phone and started to listen and  silently sing along with "Everything Has Changed" -by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran

" And your smile
In the back of my mind making me feel like,
I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now"

I was dancing around like some fool and jumped on my bed when just before the song was about to end there was a knock at the door. It startled me and I almost gone off of my bed. I took out my headphone and set my phone down as I walked to the door.
It was my mom. She looked like something was on her mind.
"Sweetheart Martin just told me that you need him to start driving you to school again what happened to Archie taking you"

She looked like she was worried but it was a fake look that one she does when she wants to seem like she cares when she actually doesn't .

" I told Archie that he does not need to pick me up anymore because I want to practice sometimes early before school and we just both have a lot on our hands right now so it's easier for me to get a ride there myself . "

She looked puzzled but I could also see a hint of a smile like she is happy . I know she is she doesn't want me and Archie to work which would make me upset but its not like I could say  anything about mine and his relationship now.

"Well sweetheart I think that's a good idea I'm going to leave for the charity luncheon latter and I'm not sure how late it will be we have a lot to do and I might not be back till 9 maybe and your father will be back about 930 as he is having a late day today  I love you have a nice day at school"

I smile and she walks away.
If only she knew the whole story she would faint I bet you she'd choose Archie over Jughead any day. I lean against the door as I shut it . me and Jughead tonight . Its something I never thought would happen but I'm so glad it did. I'm in a daze right now. Then my alarm goes off and I better start getting ready. What to wear . It's not like I'm starting the date now but I still feel like it's a dress to impress day but that's everyday its dress to impress x2 day I need something extra. I don't want to over dress though and maybe I should well I have no clue. I go to my closet and pull out some options first is a all black v neck knee length short sleeve dress , second is a red mesh neck crop top with a black skirt ,  third a black choker v neck shirt and white short shorts , and last a blue shirt with mesh long sleeves with black fringe shorts. I try them all on but decided on the black choker v neck shirt and white short shorts. My makeup is simple just mascara eyeliner , highlighter and nude shimmer lip gloss.
I grab my school stuff and head out the door but before I go my dad stops me.