Chapter 18, Secrets

V,
What's worse than seeing your ex around with his girlfriend. Seeing your ex around with his girlfriend that's your best friend and you can't complain to your best friend cause you were seeing her boyfriend secretly. That sounds off but you know what iI mean. I keep trying to act like everything is fine but everything is not fine. I keep trying to tell myself that things will get better and don't worry. I feel that if I can give myself enough distance from Jughead that I will be able to let my feelings go. Then I can make myself fall back in love with Archie. While i do love Archie we have drifted so far that I don't love home like I used too and i know he feels the same. If we try hard enough we can get back to where we were.

Im in art class and its so hard not to make eye contact. It's easier in my other class with him i have Kevin and Betty there but here he sits right across from me. When the teacher says to pair up i see Jughead look at me so walk over to Cheryl.

"Wanna be partners"
She gives me a questioning look and shrugs.

" Sure why not"
I look over and see Jughead. He gives me a look that makes me sad. He keeps wanting to talk but there's nothing left to talk about.

"So let's get this project started"
I say and Cheryl has this suspicious look on her face like something is on her mind that she can't figure out what to say.
We get started on out project. We need to make a paper mache thing. It has to be like at least 2 feet tall . We argue about what it should be. I want it to be a guitar or a microphone something like that. Cheryl wants to make a doll house looking thing. I don't wanna argue so we go with the doll house. Lucky it's a in class only project so we only can work on it in class for the next couple of weeks.
As i leave class Jughead walks over to me.
"Please talk to me"

"I can't"
I walk away but he follows me.
"Please go away Jughead"

"But..."
Cheryl comes over and interrupts him.

"Veronica lets go we can't be late for practice"
I nood and walk away.

"We have never walked to practice before together why now"

"You looked like you really didn't want to talk with him and i know Jughead isn't a bad guy but if you dont wanna talk with him and he keeps talking to you i just gave you an out"

"Thanks"
We keeps walking

"So what's up with you and him"

"Its nothing"

"It's not nothing i know something is up"

"Cheryl please drop it"

"I know he likes you"
I stop and turn to her

"What do you mean he likes me were friends "

"At that party a few weeks back he would not stop staring at you and he alway looks at you in class now this. What is it he likes you and you keep trying to push him away and he won't get the picture"

"It's nothing just forget it and please dont tell anyone"

"Fine i'll drop it for now"

"Thank you"

"We all have secrets i wouldn't want you to spill mine"

"What's your secret"

"If i told you then it's not a secret"
We left it at that and didn't speak till practice and then it was just about the vixens.

J,
I'm trying to take my mind off of everything but it's so hard. Im at pop's eating a burger. Archie is here and we are supposed to be hanging out but mostly it's just silence as we eat.
"How are you and Betty"
"Good i guess"
"So you worked out your problems"
"Were working on it and what about you and Veronica"
"Were fine"
"Are you treating her better"
"What does that mean"
"I mean how lately you kept putting her off and not spending much time together"

"Your one to talk Betty told me how you and her have been distant"

"I know i haven't been the best boyfriend im working on it"

"But what about you with work school and music you have barely given anytime to Veronica"

"Me and Veronica are fine we had some problems but were working on it and you can't talk about my relationship okay"

"I'm just telling you to make sure you treat her better"

"How about you think about relationship and stop focusing on mine"
He left and i just go back to eating.

Back home i can't sleep my mind is all over the place them my dad comes in.

"Hey Jughead you okay"

"Yeah"

"You don't look okay"

"Im fine"

"Tell me what's up"

"Maybe another time but not now"
I cant talk with him not yet and i hate having secrets from him but i need to and lately i feel like he has some secrets of his own also.

-----------
Thank you so much for reading sorry it wasn't a long chapter I've been super busy lately but I will try to post every weekend follow me for more updates comment below what you think is going to happen