Prologue

"Grandpa!" a little voice spoke as she ran to an older man who looked nothing like her smile "Hello Jasmine, is there something you wish to do?" the man who is her grandfather asked as Jasmine nods "Can you teach me that spell again?" she asked making him look at her with confusion, he sets her down slowly and then smiles at her "You mean the barrier spell? Of course! Let's go back to the yard and practice" he said making her smile and nod as she followed him with joy "Grandpa, do you think i'm really safe now?" she asked making him look at her, surprised to her question.

It had been two years since Jasmine was adopted by David and Laura Anderson, they adopted her when Harold had kept her for three months to help her heal enough to look like nothing happened to her, yet even now she wondered if the protection spell Harold Anderson placed on her still worked, he gently smiled and bent down to her eye level "If you want I can cast the spell on you again, as long as you feel safe I will be happy" he said making her smile and nod as they got outside where he cast the spell on her as she then tried to do herself on him making Harold do his best to explain the spell to her, when it was time to eat Harold showed Jasmine a new recipe to try and make her cook making her happy as she did so as she smiled the whole time they worked together.

"Grandpa, can I stay here for the night? I'm scared of daddy" she said making Harold worry for her "Did something happen?" he asked making her slightly nod "Mika was crying, so I went to get him from the kitchen to help, he yelled at me as mommy then came in to care for her" she explained making him nod to her soft words, he knew something would happen for he knew how sensitive she was of both yelling and violence as it scares her to death enough to cry and or scream and think back to what happened to her before Harold took her into his care and home "It's alright, i'm sure tomorrow everything will be better, so just relax and let's get you to bed" he said making her nod as they were now done eating, he was happy to see Jasmine smiling but he knew that he would need to speak to Laura about this before he takes her back.

He got his phone ready as he got Jasmine to sleep with a new product his company was working on at the moment, he smiled as she moved closer to it making him then leave to make the call, Laura had been worried sick when he called she was holding Mika at the moment as David locked himself in his office and refused to speak with her making her wonder what she could do making Harold explain to her a few things that she had to do before Jasmine came home "Also make sure David does not yell at her or look angered once more or things will get worse then they are now" he said making her agree and then leave claiming David had come out, he sighed and went to his office for he had something to look into and in order to do so he had to do while Jasmine was sleeping when she was around making him smile at his actions even when he knew that if she found out she might not like it.

When he was done he turned to his will, he knew it had to be finished soon as he knew very well that he would die at some point and even when his own son might not care Jasmine on the other hand would want it all to be a dream if it were too soon for him, as he thought of what to add he thought about everything and then something came to his mind as he started to write things down as he smiled about it all as he then went to see Jasmine and join her to bed as he knew she doesn't like sleeping alone at the moment or she get's night terrors when alone as she goes back to what happened to her at the time before he found her "Never fear for the past, or others will see it and want to know more about it" he whispered to her as she slept as he then whispered a phrase in Latin as she glowed for a quick moment before the light faded from her as he then closed his eyes and went to sleep.

It was maybe the only memory he ever loved and thought back to when he died years later.