Act 1: Be at peace

Being nine-teen years old made me for some reason feel a bit less young then I had been long ago while for most people believed I was much younger then that, I was walking back to the Anderson mansion where I lived in with my grandpa Harold Anderson, I had requested to move in with him due to no longer wanting to stay with my adoptive parents David and Laura with my not related little sister Mika when I had turned eighteen and he accepted with a smile as he presented to me the master bedroom for me to sleep in making me smile and thank him as I then prepared my room for myself.

I was right now walking back from college and I was happy for it as I felt like something bad had happened, it had made me worry so much that I had made the teacher believe I was sick making me able to leave early and try to get back to the mansion where my grandpa should be at the moment until my phone rang making me answer "Mom?" I asked as she sounded worried for me "Sweetie, your grand-father. He passed away today, your father is getting his funeral ready now, please put on the correct outfit" she said and like always I knew father made her say this to me and as tears streamed down my face I got inside and got the black dress on me and my most precious trinket grandpa had gotten me a silver bird wing that he told me someone who would be my soulmate had identical to mine.

I looked myself in the mirror to the way I looked and got outside where my car should be that grandpa got me a red Subaru WRX when I had turned eighteen and drove to the funeral where other workers were at the moment making me walk over to greet t...

I looked myself in the mirror to the way I looked and got outside where my car should be that grandpa got me a red Subaru WRX when I had turned eighteen and drove to the funeral where other workers were at the moment making me walk over to greet them and thank them with friends to my grandpa for coming today, grandpa's lawyer walked over to me "Your grandfather wanted you to have something, I was to give it to you alone" he said making me nod as he brought out an old wrapped box that was shaped to hold a book making me nod to him as he handed me an envelope making the then thank him as I placed the two items in the side seat of my car and went back over to my grandpa's grave as my parents and sister came over, I spoke a few kind words about grandpa that made many of them cry at my thoughtful way of speaking about him.

The lawyer came back to the four of us when we were alone claiming he would read grandpa's will, the mansion was mine as I lived there with him but Mika also had part in it making her smile at me as she would move in with me "I'll get the room next to mine ready for you by tomorrow after school" I said making her nod "And to Jasmine my second grand-daughter, I give you my company and placed as 'boss' to the company" the lawyer reads making father's eyes widen, when the lawyer left father did to "Come and visit us sometimes Jasmine, I worry about you" mother said making me nod as Mika and I stayed by the tomb slate for a moment before she and I left our own ways to our homes, once inside I got to work on the bedroom next to mine and got to cleaning it and getting some furniture in and ready for Mika to use when she arrives tomorrow a couple of minutes before I do from college.

"You should be happy now" closing my eyes as a soft smile appeared on my face from the voice "Grandpa, does this mean I can read the books now? I promise Mika won't see them" I said as I opened my eyes to see Grandpa who was now a spirit, he nodded to me with a soft smile making me smile back to him "Be easy on your father, I know it's hard when he's around but I promise that thing's will get better" he said making me slowly nod to him while at the same time I wasn't excited about it right now "Even if you say that to me he's going to find ways to ruin me and insult whatever I said or decided on" I said making him sigh as he closed his eyes to allow me to change into something a bit more comfortable which was my pajama's "True, but there will be things he speaks of that you should be able to speak back on to make him feel weaker against you" he said making me nod to him.

He then vanished making me sigh as I knew he felt something bad happening somewhere else making him need to leave me as I went to the kitchen to make myself some dinner, I got to work on making burgers making me smile as I could bring leftovers to college tomorrow for lunch making me smile as I hummed to the song I was playing at the moment to keep me focused and yet occupied as I wait for my cooking to be finished, I was thought by the best to cook, bake and even more in case I was alone in the mansion to eat like I was right now making me sigh as I hated the fact that I was alone that it made tears ready to fall from my eyes as I served myself and placed the rest in containers for the next few days or freeze some for another time as I took my plate to the dinning room where I would eat making me once more feel alone with how quiet it was at the moment as I thought about tomorrow and looking outside in hopes for someone to hear me.

"I wish something happens tomorrow other then Mika moving in here with me in the mansion" I sighed as I went back to eating before needing to clean up and then going to bed.