[ 2 ] Underestimate

CHAPTER TWO

im afraid of my own emotion. unstable as I am such a foolish mess; I'm afraid of lost control. Lost sanity. Lost life. But not you  "

 "Finn, go get some air," I mumble, my eyelids heavy

"Finn, go get some air," I mumble, my eyelids heavy. "I'm sure my lungs can take five minutes alone," I breathe out gently, my hand moving up to wrap Bellamy's jacket tighter around me.  I shiver, the crisp air cold as someone walks into the dropship.

The nimble fingers don't grasp anything, coming up empty. My eyes snap open, expecting to see Finn sitting there against the metal floor. He never left the dropship after the blast.

Instead, I see the harsh reality. I see tubes running through the room, Dr.Tsing reading something with her back to me. My stomach sinks, my heart twisting in pain again. At this point, The hundred had learned to live with that feeling.

Every time I close my eyes, I see them. I can't control it. When I open my eyes, they're here with me. Sitting next to me, talking to me- then they're gone. It teases me, like any moment I'd expect Bellamy to come storming in telling me how I'm the most stupid smart person he's ever met. Or Raven would hand me a bullet, her warm hand brushing against mine. Finn would be helping me get over the sickness.

But no. They were gone.

    "You mumble their names in your sleep all the time," Her voice floats the the room like ice. "Bellamy. Finn. Raven," Dr.Tsing continues, making my fists bawl angrily.

I grit my teeth, choosing not to give her what she was looking for. "Where's Monty?" I ask, more on edge than usual. I didn't like being unconsciousness with these people even when he's here. Alone, they could kill me. After all this time, I still don't trust them.

She turns around, scribbling something on her clipboard. "Orientation. He'll be here soon I suppose. Your iron is still low. We'll need blood samples to see how much of a dose to give you," Dr.Tsing explains, dark eyebrows arching up in question.

My lips twist before a mangled scoff escapes. "I think I'll survive without a little iron," I roll my eyes, swinging my legs over the bed.

Dr.Tsing steps in front of me, stopping me from moving. "Are they family?" She asks curiously. Her eyes don't convey sincereness, sending shivers up my spine. Her voice was laced with the fake tone that accompanied the pitiful look.

    "Excuse me? You don't get to ask that. Not when you're the one who took me away from them," I spit, shrugging the heavy sweatshirt over me. The woman turns to the door, locking the handle. My fists bawl by my sides, my nails about to pierce the skin.

    "Avalon, I'm trying to help you. If you talk about it, you-" Dr.Tsing begins, her expression frozen in a frown.

    "Careful Doc. That frown might give you pre-mature wrinkles," I smile sweetly, suddenly feeling freezing. The room spins in my head, tilting sideways. I sway a moment before everything returns to normal.