[ 11 ] Nothing

CHAPTER ELEVEN

" i am nothing but a corpse now, the consequence of a catastrophe  "

"Welcome back Princess."

It feels like I haven't been called that in years.

Just the nickname itself feels like tiny needles pricking at my skin, a hand clutching my heart. But the voice. That causes hundreds of memories to spark, thousands of words spoken and left unsaid. Emotions I don't even know.

The words I've longed to hear for what seemed like weeks, spoken aloud. The voice sounded like something I'd remembered vividly, gravely and sly at the same time. I grit my teeth, pulling my legs off the table. It took all my strength not to look in his direction. Bellamy's direction. If I did, I'm so sure I would loose it. The real Bellamy wouldn't want me to put him above our friends. I had to do right by him.

Dr.Tsing nods, my cue to leave. My vision swims as I stand, but I blink through it. I had half an hour to pull this off. I can't be distracted by anyone, let alone Bellamy. Besides, he wasn't real.

I slide off the cool table with a shiver, noticing the burns that cover my skin. I pull my sleeve down gently, wincing as the fabric catches on the torn skin.

I push open the door easily. Right behind it, as planned, there's a painting of the ground. An exit, with a large circular door. And the grass, that smells fresh and green.

I pull it back, knowing no cameras were in this hallway. My hand latches around the decoder, tucking it into the waistline of my pants.

This is go time.

I move down the hallways quickly, heading for security and maintenance. I was lucky they were right beside each other, otherwise I would never make it in time.

"Come on, Ava-- you can't ignore me," I feel Bellamys chest burn into my side as he steps beside me, and I pinch my eyes shut, willing him to disappear.

"Go away," I hiss, snapping. My voice however, didn't come out as cool and harsh as I wanted. It broke, the words catching in my throat, tears stinging my eyes, to which I stubbornly blink away.

I keep my gaze high as guards stalk past, staring me down. I always did this, knowing if I acted suspicious, they wouldn't hesitate to bring me back to psych.

My stomach churns suddenly, nausea overtaking me. I feel the bile rising in my throat, panicking. I rush over to the nearest garbage, holding my hair back as I empty the contents of my stomach. My knuckles are white as I grip the can, and I notice my nails are tinted a blue hue. That meant I was getting worse, that my heart isnt pumping the amount of blood it needs. I wonder why.