[ 29 ] really bad days

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

" hold on tight darling, for your bad days have just begun. "

I open the trap door

Immediately, my eyes land on Octavia. Octavia, crying, stammering— pumping Lincoln's chest. They then trail up, falling as they meet Bellamy's own. He shakes his head lightly, a hand on Octavia's shoulder. No. Guilt washes over me, making me want to buckle over with grief.

Not only did Lincoln die today, but so will the rest of Camp Jaha.

Finn pulls me aside so that the rest can climb up, the grounders following Clarke. I make sure to stay near him, knowing he doesn't have any weapons, and we don't know how the grounders will react.

    "This won't end well," I hiss under my breath as everyone goes still. All eyes are on weapons, no one dares to breathe. My hand reaches towards my gun, Bellamy inching closer to his.

Lexa stares at me, her dark eyes hardening. Surely this isn't what she expected, and now someone else will die because of it.

She breaks her gaze, moving to look at Indra. "Clarke, Finn, behind me," I mutter, sharing a nod with Bellamy. We were armed, and we had to do this the right way. The two of us know what to do, who's covering who.

And then Lexa nods, Indra immediately reacting. "Kill them all!" Her voice is laced with venom as I try not to think about Lincoln's eyes, calmed shut in pain or the blood and foam that covers his face. Instantly, my right hand draws a sword, the left a gun. Two ways, two people. Indra has a sword pointed to my throat, while I have a gun pointed to her head and a sword pointed at a guard.

My eyes shift to Abby, who stands with a taser in her hands, then to Bellamy, who breathes heavily trying to figure a way out of this. We all are.

      "Please. You don't have to do this," Clarke begs from behind me, her voice laced with fear. I swallow hard, shaking off the anxiousness.

      "I-it was my fault. I could've saved him. It wasn't theirs," I look to Lexa with sincerity, not wanting the lives of my friends to be lost because of me, once again.

Bellamy looks taken aback, gaze shifting to me. "Ava—" I cut him off the the shake of my head.

    "I owe them this time," I murmur, my chest seizing up in pain. There had to be a way to get everyone out of this.

Lexa's jaw clamps down out of anger, lips curling up into a snarl. "You lied," She sneers, eyes narrow. My foot taps on the metal of the drop ship, heart beating out of my chest. "And you're out of time."

Too many bad things have already happened in this dropship.My finger can't press down the trigger.

But it doesn't have to.