[ 47 ] unexplainable

| CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN |

" she knew that it was wrong. but after all of the loss they had been through already, losing seemed unimaginable. "

「✱ ➶ ♕ ♡ 」

"That's Raven. Get me in there right now."
I spin towards the door, the image of Raven strapped to a table, drills in her skin taking her marrow seared into my brain. You don't survive that. Eight extractions is all anyone can last, and I can get down there in time. A distraction has to help.

Someone catches my elbow, and it's Wallace. "That won't help. They have guns, and they'll kill them anyways. The marrow is still harvestable after death," He says, and my eyes light with fire, prepared to do whatever it takes. As far as I can tell, they were only in the early stages of drilling. But I never want her to have to carry that, and now she has to. Bellamy's hand snakes down my arm to clasp my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. He doesn't say anything, knowing that he was enough and that not much else would help.

"Then what will?" I ask, eyes going to Clarke. They always did.

She picks up the radio. "This. Carl Emerson, Mount Weather Security Detail. Come in." And I take a deep breath, my whole body shaking. It was from the memories of myself being the one strapped down, hanging upside down, and Raven. None of this was okay. They need this to survive but at what point would they stop? They must have enough for some people, but for everyone all my friends would end up dead.

"Who is this?" We watch him through the security camera's, the man already able to tell.

Clarke radios again. "You know who it is. Give the radio to the President."

This makes me take a step forward. Cage was the one who deserved all the pain my friends were getting, all the hurt I felt because of how he made me feel. Like I was only there for him, and his entertainment. "Clarke," I say lowly, the blonde knowing just how badly I wanted revenge.

She glances sideways at me. "Don't worry. You'll get your revenge," Clarke says, and I wonder what she's planning. But whatever it is, is for Cage to let our friends go.

"This is President Wallace."

Just his voice makes my knees weak. Seeing him on the screen makes my anger grow. My breaths come shallow, and I let myself sink to the floor. I never thought that he still had this much control over me. Let alone how quickly I could fall apart. I squeeze my eyes shut, just wanting to block him out. I put my hands over my ears, his words echoing over and over again in my head. Its okay. Shhh. Thank you so much. You're doing me well. He would whisper that into my ear, mumble it against my temple as he kissed it while a drill was being put against me. Like I was his to use.

"We have your father. If you don't let my people go--" Clarke knees down, and I've hardly noticed Bellamy behind me, in attempts to soothe me. I look up, tears flowing freely down my face. When I meet her gaze, my own hardens as I know exactly what type of revenge she had. The kind that messes with your head, the same way he messed with mine.