[ 33 ] may we meet again

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

" sometimes, the fear of loosing someone makes us loose them. "

 "No, no no!"

"No, no no!"

I slam my fist against the wall, resetting controls, making sure I didn't miss any detail. "What the hell is wrong?" Shaking my hand out from the pain, I look to Finn frantically.  

    "Warning, outer door breech. Airlock pressure failing. Initiate emergency protocol."

Frustrated, I check the air pressure in the airlock, making sure Raven would be able to breathe. She seemed fine, everything was fine, nothing we did was wrong or out of the ordinary. This shouldn't be happening.

    "What happened? Avalon?" Raven calls, searching for a leak on her side. Maybe the airlock was damaged, maybe I missed it when I came to check if it was in working condition.

All I hear is the blaring of alarms.

    "Princess? Ava?"

A slight protests makes it's way past my lips, a groan signifying that we have to turn the alarms off, we have to figure out why the hell they're on in the first place. The guard is on their way down any minute, and none of us can get arrested. We were over eighteen, Finn eighteen in a few months. It couldn't end like this, a day we were supposed to be having fun.

A hand brushes over my forehead, warm lips pressed against my temple. It was familiar, calming.

     "You're going to be okay, shhh," They hush, gripping my hand tightly. "Just rest for me, alright?"

The alarms-- warning bells won't shut off. Signifying our fate.

//\\

    "Give the suit to me," I groan, light hitting my eyes as I open them gently, a searing pain occurring in my head, constant. "Ouch," I mumble, squeezing my eyes shut again as I lift a hand to my head.

     "Morning Princess," Bellamy mutters, the sound of his voice making me open my eyes again. Bellamy, Finn, and Raven were crowded around me. Finn tries not to look at me, as if it were his fault I got a bump on the head.

I rub my eyes tiredly, reaching for his hand. "What's for breakfast?" I mumble, trying to lighten the mood. "Did Clarke and Murphy make it?" Immediately, I need to make sure they're okay, that no one else got hurt.

Raven nods, gently rubbing my arm. "Yep, all in one piece," She confirms, nodding. A sigh pushes past my lips, finding comfort in that. Next, I find Finn, my eyes drilling a hole into his head. He stares at me, as if making sure that I'm breathing every second.