[ 4 ] Broken Promises

CHAPTER FOUR
the loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly  "

CHAPTER FOUR"  the loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly  "

THIRD PERSON (FINN'S POV)

"Finn," Bellamy's hoarse voice fills Finn's ears, the tone of it unsettling. Finn turns around, trying to hold it together.

Raven was dying. Avalon was gone. Clarke was missing. No one was here.

Finn's eyes widen, unblinking as he see's what's in Bellamy's hands. It was his jacket that Avalon bore, left behind. Her swords were lying on the ground in front of Bellamy, blood coating the shiny metal. Finn knew Bellamy was remembering how she used that sword to save him, possibly killing herself in the process.

For the first time, Finn see's how desperate Bellamy was. Finn never really thought of the eldest Blake as a good fit for her because he was so protective over the older girl. But now, remembering the look in her eyes as she thought she was dying, and the devastated one in Bellamy's-- he was sure he had been wrong. There were tears in his eyes, that were probably about to fill up in his own. Despite the blood, Finn knew she could be dead. Both he and Bellamy were struggling to keep their emotions in tow.

Finn watches him lift the jacket up to his face, inhaling. Maybe it smelled like her. But no-- it couldn't. All it smelled like were the ashes and remains of the burned grounders around them. Bellamy let's out a frustrated yell, his knuckles white around the fabric. He kneels down, picking up the sword. Her hands touched it, with the determination unlike anything Finn had seen before.

Finn's throat constricts, not being able to utter a proper sentence. They wouldn't just leave. Clarke and Avalon would look for any survivors, knowing not everyone made it to the dropship. Someone took them. The girl he was in love with, and the girl who protected him like a sister. If she was even alive.

"She's not gone," Finn mutter's, his own voice barely a whisper. If she was dead, Finn would know. She had saved him too many times to die just like that.

Bellamy turns to him, mouth parted open in shock. His eyes are glued to the sword, tears staining his face. "Despite everything I did, she still was there- she never left, never stopped caring. I don't deserve it, but she did. I can't te-" He begins, stopping mid sentence as if he were unable to finish it. "She saw the good in me, you know?"

Finn's eyes widen, not really expecting Bellamy to say something so personal to him. "She saw the good in everything," Finn mumbles, a smile tugging on his lips. Even when Earth was being cruel to them, Avalon had still found the beauty in it. Apparently she found the beauty in even the darkest people. Finn already missed the goofy smile she wore after she tripped.