(7)

Monday morning Hinata woke up slowly. Not like other days.
On those days he would wake up with a jump and frantically look around his room to see if his father had been in while he was sleeping.

He looked outside and saw the orange sky of the sun beginning to rise. He knew he had to be at school early today because it was the start of training camp! Hinata was so excited he almost started bouncing around his room.

After double checking he had everything, Hinata silently made his way downstairs, careful not to wake his father. Going into the kitchen he wrote him a note. It read:

Good morning father,
Today is the day I left for training camp in Tokyo. I will return home on Friday night.
I will be sure that no one finds out.
See you soon,
Shoyo

He didn't want to bother his father with unnecessary details. He knew it would upset him.

Deciding against rising his bike, he safely stashed it in his elderly neighbors shed. They never go in there anyway, and there it would be safe from his fathers lonely drunk rage.

On his walk to school, Hinata thought about how much fun he would have playing with other teams! Maybe he would even make some new friends!
Of course you won't make friends you fucking pathetic loser
His fathers voice echoed in his head.
The voice was right.
Hinata was just being ignorant thinking that anyone would like him.

Before he knew it he was at school. He wasn't the first to arrive but he wasn't the last either. The captain and Suga were there talking to Kiyoko. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were also there.
"Hinata! Glad to see you're here on time!" Daichi said while supposedly checking off his name on the attendance sheet.
It felt like he was insulting him for always being late to class or important meetings for the team. But Hinata knew better than that. Maybe he was just sensitive from always being insulted at home. Yeah that must be it.

After about 20 more minutes, the remaining members of the team arrived. And after about 45 minutes they were on the road to Tokyo. Hinata wanted to sit next to someone to chat with them, but everyone else already had a seat partner. And Kageyama rejected the invitation to sit next to Hinata. So, like always, Hinata was left alone to his thoughts.

For most of the day the voices were quiet and distant. It was only when he was alone that they grew louder and angrier.
They mostly told Hinata how worthless he was and how much of a disappointment he was to everyone he's ever come into contact with.
Loud music helped to drown them out. So taking out his headphones and securely placing them around his ears, he put on his safe playlist.
It was basically a collection of songs he enjoyed but also songs he wouldn't be judged for listening to if anyone should look at the playlist.

Eventually somewhere along the way he woke up. Someone was shaking his shoulder.
"Hey idiot get up we're here" Kageyama spoke to him. There was a hint of concern in his voice when he spoke but Hinata passed it off as being tired from the travel.
The coach led them up to the room where they would all be staying. He explained how each team would have their own space but were free to congregate amongst each other during breaks.

Once everyone settled down, it was time for dinner.
Hinata hadn't eaten a home cooked meal since a little after his mother had passed away.
It almost made him cry. But he couldn't, no, wouldn't show weakness this week. He needed to become stronger, faster, better. Then maybe he would be able to make someone proud.

Hi omg I'm so sorry for not posting in so long my wattpad app was being real funky and wouldn't let me in so I had to do a bunch of techy stuff to fix it and here I am!!
This chapter sucks so bad so please please please leave suggestions for how I should continue from here!!