(27)

The next morning, Daichi arrived to the gym first. Coach Ukai had called him in to meet about the incident that happened the night before. Everyone who had seen Hinata was shocked. He was erratic and desperate. This was much different to his usual attitude, optimistic and aloof.

However, no one knew if this attitude was only because of the situation at hand with Dani or if this was the true Hinata.

Daichi had caught Hinata with his mask off a few times now. Each time it was only for a moment, but it still surprised him. To even think that Hinata had been pretending to be someone else was a strange thought. Hinata's wild attitude was a key stone to his personality. He was so unique in his mannerisms and speech that he could be picked out of a crowd of 100 people easily. And not just because of his illuminating hair.

The meeting between Captain and Coach was awkward at first, and a little uncomfortable. But once the two got down to business, their main focus was Hinata.

"The way he was acting when he was kicked out was...honestly a little scary. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so desperate." Daichi stated.
"Yeah...I never expected that kind of reaction to come from him of all people. Tanaka maybe, but not Hinata." Ukai put his hand to his chin quizzically.
"What could be going on with him? I mean I'm not sure if you've noticed but recently he's been...different. Especially since he's not practicing. I could be wrong, but I think that maybe he's hurt? And doesn't want to tell anyone?" Daichi spoke hesitantly, not wanting to make any permanent accusations.
"Hurt? What do you mean hurt?"
"I-I don't know maybe he hurt himself and doesn't want us to know because then we'll stop him from playing, so he takes a few practices off to reciprocate and hopes that after some rest he'll be fine." Daichi was looking for any type of reason to excuse Hinata's odd behavior.

He didn't want to believe that someone so young could be going through something so painful as to have it interfere with all aspects of his life. But Daichi knew that this was wishful thinking.

"I hope you're right. I really hope that he's taking care of himself on his own and doesn't want to hurt any of us but...maybe it's time to ask the rest of the team about it. Maybe they can help figure this out. I'll make sure to have everyone but Hinata stay after morning practice."

Daichi nodded his head in agreement and continued with setting up for practice as other team members started to trickle in.

What he didn't realize however was that a certain grouchy tall middle blocker had been listening to their conversation. He realized that this was his opportunity to finally talk to someone about that night during training camp. He logically knew that everyone gets nightmares, or even sleep paralysis if thats what Hinata had actually experienced but something about what he saw Hinata go through seemed to change him. Sure everyone always knew Hinata as a bright ball of pure sunshine and rainbows, and after he had finally woken up he half expected Hinata to either be overly paranoid and scared of every little noise or jump at the opportunity to hell him about his scary dream. He did not factor in the possibility of Hinata shutting down all together.

But Tsukkishima was never one to run away from his problems or go behind someone's back. He was confrontational by nature and good at it.
So he had decided that he would wait outside the stairs to the club room to wait for Hinata to arrive at practice all so he could tell him what he was planning on telling their captain. He partly wanted to get a reaction from him just to confirm his suspicions but mostly he wanted Hinata to know that there wasn't anywhere he could run, and it would just be better to suck it up and just tell them what was going on.
As much as Tsukkishima would deny it, he cared for Hinata and wanted to watch out for him, they were teammates after all.