(32)

Kageyama's eyes expanded in shock.
"You WHAT??" Surprise audible in his tone.

"When I was little, my mom and my sister and I were in the car going to the store to get me a present for being good at the doctors office since back then I was terrified of needles. All little kids are." Hinata rambled, anxiety and nervousness wove it's way between each word he spoke.

"But...on the way to the store a driver lost control and hit our car head on but mostly on the drivers side. My moms side....a-and m-my little sister Natsu was right behind her seat...She died on impact but my mom...she was alive for a little bit afterwards...a-and the sounds she made horrified me."

Hinata took a deep breath and wiped the tears falling from his eyes.

"I think she realized that Natsu was dead. I kept crying and crying so she knew I was at least alive. She died before the ambulance could get there. I was the last one to see both of them alive. And if I wasn't so selfish back then and hadn't demanded a present they would both still be alive today, and maybe I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in. Maybe my dad wouldn't be so miserable. But it's all my fault so I deserve whatever I get."
Kageyama didn't know how to react. He's never exactly been in a position like that before.

So mustering up whatever wisdom he could, Kageyama placed a hand on his partners shoulder as he cried.
"Hinata, it's not your fault. You were just a little kid, it was a freak accident! If you had known back then that going to the store would mean you would lose your mother and sister, you would not have gone to the store. But you didn't know, you had no idea anything like that would happen. Please, don't say it's your fault and that you deserve to be treated like this. You don't, you deserve to be happy."

Hinata only cried harder.

The pair stayed like this, with Kageyamas comforting hand on Hinata's shoulder, for what felt like a lifetime. However the slowly setting sun told them that they had probably been there for only 20 minutes.

Finally having calmed down, Hinata was able to breathe again.
"Please don't tell them Kageyama..." he mumbled, voice hoarse.

"Hinata I...I'm sorry. I know you want me to say that I'll keep this to myself for now but you need to tell someone. I know that it'll be difficult and I know you probably don't want to, but you have to. If you want I'll go with you to talk to Daichi and Suga and maybe even Takeda Sensei or Coach if you feel comfortable." Kageyama's eyes were unable to meet with Hinata's.

He knew that Hinata's situation was much worse than they all feared, and he was scared for his friends safety.
So honestly, he didn't really give a shit about what Hinata wanted. It was about what was best for him.

Hinata's heart began to race and his anxiety levels spiked.

"W-What!? No! I can't! They'll hate me! He told me that if I ever told anyone what he's done to me, he'll kill everyone I love and make me watch! Then he said he'll kill me too! I can't tell them..." he began to cry again and his palms became sweaty. It felt like he was having a heat flash. His lungs felt smaller and smaller with each breath that he took.

"Hinata I-I don't think I can help you all by myself. I know you're going through a tough time right now and honestly all that matters to me is that you don't set foot back in that house while he's still there. And they won't be angry with you, if anything they'll do anything to help you get out of there. But we have to tell someone." Kageyama panicked, he didn't want Hinata to think he wasn't trustworthy of his secrets, he just wanted to help.

Hinata's breath became unsteady and he felt faint.
Suddenly he stood up and began to run. Where he was running to he wasn't quite sure yet, but he just knew he couldn't sit there any longer.

He knew Kageyama only wanted to help, but he was so scared! He felt like the sky above him was crashing down and suffocating him. Squeezing and squeezing all of the air out of his lungs.

"U-umm what if we only tell them that it's your dad that hits you? We don't have to tell them about your mom and sister, everyone has their secrets! We can keep that part just between us okay??"

"R-Really?? You won't tell them about that?" Hinata questioned. His partner's compromise seemed to pull him out of his episode partially.

"Y-Yeah, but we still have to tell them about your dad...okay?"

"I..." Hinata hesitated.

It was scary. The thought of everyone knowing. Knowing what he has successfully been hiding for years. In a way, it felt like all his work was going to waste.
He had tried so hard to hide everything.
He didn't want them to worry about him or baby him just because he was being abused by his dad.

In his head, it was insignificant. But he knew that to them it would be heartbreaking.
Hinata didn't want them to think that he didn't trust them. But he just wanted to protect them from his father, and maybe from himself too. Who knows who else he cares for would be hurt because of him.

But there comes a time in a persons life where they can either do nothing and continue to let the bad things happen, or fight it with all they've got.

And Hinata knew that if he was going to help Dani, he first had to help himself, and this was the first step to doing that.

So Hinata took a step forward, wiped away his lingering tears and glaring at Kageyama with both dread, fear and determination he spoke.

"Okay. Deal."

Hey everyone I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is a pretty scary time right now but just exercise caution in public places and be sure to wash your hands often and try not to touch your face!
Have any of your schools been cancelled? Mines closed for two weeks, our prom is cancelled and my graduation might be cancelled as well but that's up in the air right now.
It really sucks but I understand why they need to do it. It's just so disappointing :/
Still though I'm very grateful for everyone taking initiative to protect everyone!

Be safe everyone! Love you all so much!!❤️❤️❤️❤️