(15)

All Hinata wanted was to be alone with his thoughts, but the periodic texts continued. He knew that Monday would bring nothing but humiliation. Hinata knew that the team was just teasing and that he shouldn't take it too seriously but it still hurt.
He was hurt because this meant that the idea of him being with a girl was so shocking to them that they could  barely believe the picture was not photoshopped.
He was hurt because no one stood up for him in the text messages.
He was hurt because Dani still had no idea what they had said about her, that she was weird for being with Hinata.
He was hurt because this team was his escape, and now they had caused him to loose all trust in them.

Finishing his homework, he began to focus on the betrayal. He could feel his anxiety curl around his throat like a cobra, constricting his breathing. Involuntary tears ran down his face.
"Why did this happen. Why did they have to embarrass me?!"
He could feel the hollowness seep in. Getting under his blankets, Hinata felt as though the world was crumbling all around him. He wanted to at least keep this to himself. Keep Dani to himself. His happiness to himself.

And so he slept.
And he did not dream.

Hinata knew it was time to leave to go to school, but his brain didn't want his feet to move. So he took control and forced them to. He knew he would have to face them sooner or later.
Anxiety did flips in his stomach.
Hinata had barely touched his phone since seeing the images sent to their group chat. He had no idea how many texts he had gotten or not gotten, hell, it might've been dead for all he knew.

He arrived to practice early, earlier than Kageyama, earlier than Coach Ukai, even earlier than the captain.
He went up to the club room and changed alone, 10 minutes later Daichi, Suga and Asahi walked in.
"Hey Hinata!" Suga said as he walked in.
The trio started talking about their weekends as they got into their practice clothes.
At this point Hinata was anxiously tying his shoes, almost ready to leave the club room.
"So Hinata, based on those pictures I can tell you had a nice weekend!" Hinata was sure that Daichi didn't mean anything by this comment, just making small talk, but it struck Hinata.
"Oh...haha yeah..." Hinata gave a fake smile, clearly uncomfortable.
Daichi noticed this and quickly changed the subject allowing Hinata an opening to escape to the gym to begin setting up for practice.

Within 20 minutes, most of the team had arrived. Tsukishima was the first to openly confront Hinata about Dani.
"So Hinata, who was that girl?"
This made everyone turn their heads or come closer to the conversation.
"Oh yeah! She was really pretty!"
"What's her name?"
"Does she have a sister for me?"
"Is She your girlfriend~?"
"GAH! A freshman has a girlfriend before me! That's not right! Kioyko! Please be my girlfriend!!"
Hinata kept his head down.
Daichi noticed how uncomfortable his earlier comment made him, so he could only imagine what Hinata was experiencing at the moment.
"Okay that's enough everyone! Focus please." Daichi commanded.
It managed to disperse the crowd around him some, but the comments continued.
"She's way too pretty for Hinata, she could be crazy or something! Haha!" Tsukishima said walking away.
"What the fuck did he just say?"

"You know Tsukishima, you should really keep your nose out of other people's business." Hinatas piercing eyes glared at the tall blond middle blocker.
Everyone stopped to look at the scene unfold.
"Hey, we're just trying to bond the team, it's unfair for you to get a girlfriend and not tell us. I was just looking out for the team morale."
"Team morale?! You invaded my privacy! You all did!"
Everyone was silent. Unable to look away from the scene unfolding in front of them.
"I don't ever want to see or hear anything about her being crazy or weird. That was uncalled for. And anyway, is t really so crazy for someone to be with me? Not even romantically, but at all?! I thought I could trust you guys, I never thought I would be so humiliated by my own teammates."
And with that; Hinata left. He left the gym, going up the the club room and grabbing his stuff, he left school property.

Taking out his phone, he ignore the past and incoming texts from his team. He quickly made a group chat with Sam and Dani, asking if they could smoke. They agreed to meet in the woods, and with that Hinatas phone died.

The team was silent after his outburst. They all felt guilty, but tsukishima felt the most guilty. After all, he was the one who had caused this. He was the one who sent that text.
He really didn't mean to humiliate Hinata, especially after he had seen him as afraid as he had during training camp. Tsukishima really thought that doing this would make Hinata open up more to the team, that's all he had wanted.
The team stood with their heads down, they finally realized what this had meant to Hinata. To them it was simple teasing over a girl, nothing more. They did it all the time to each other. But to Hinata it was humiliating, having his personal interaction with someone who might not even be his girlfriend exposed to all of them, then having to listen to her being called weird for being with him, like something would have to be wrong with the girl in order for her to hang out with someone as eccentric as Hinata.
But no one felt as bad as Tsukishima did.

Of course coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei had found out about it. How could they not?
The team was given a long lecture about privacy and respecting teammates during their afternoon practice, and then were forced to do punishment practice.
Tsukishima felt the most guilty, as he actually was the most guilty.
If he had never sent those pictures no one would be suffering at the moment. Hinata would be here with them being his normal happy self. The team morale wouldn't be damaged. He wouldn't despise himself. Tsukishima's current world consisted of 'what-if's'.
What if he didn't sent the pictures?
What if they hadn't taken the short cut through the park?
What if he wasn't an asshole?
All the important questions.

Hinata didn't show up at school again. Instead, he had met Dani and Sam in the woods to smoke. Hinata felt as though he needed something stronger than deep breathing to calm his unrelenting anxiety.
His peace was interrupted periodically by his newly charged phone's incoming text messages from the team asking where he was or if he would be returning.
Damn this phone of his was starting to become a nuisance.
He ignored it as he was passed their blunt, and joined in on their philosophical conversation.
This was the only time he was at peace, inebriated with his friends from the woods.

Hey everyone! Once again I do not condone underage drug use or cyber bullying or anything of the sort. It's just fun for me to put these characters in these types of situations I guess haha
Anyways I love u all and I hope you enjoyed!
Also thank you for all the nice comments on my last chapter I really enjoyed reading all of them!!