(20)

Timeskip to Friday

It was the day of the party. Everyone at morning practice was practically jumping out of their skin from pure excitement. Hinata was the same throughout the day, gleaming from ear to ear and bouncing in his seat.
His quicks with Kageyama showed as they seemed to zip through the air, slicing it in two and then crashing down to the floor with an impact loud enough to turn heads.
With an exhale of a breath he didn't know he was holding in, Hinata fell to the floor landing on both feet. His mask falling with him briefly before picking it back up.
Some noticed, no one spoke up.

As practice was getting out, Hinata felt an incredible wave of sadness overcome him, and embrace him, refusing to let go.
He had felt traces of it throughout the day when he spaced out, but now it was in full effect.
He impulsively checked his phone, seeing that Dani had texted saying that she had to go to her house to pick up some things for the party and that she'd meet him at his house.
He knew what he had to do. He had to feel something, anything at all. Anything but this emptiness inside of him.
Brief Trigger warning:
He ran to the bathroom, quickly glancing over his shoulder to wave goodbye to his teammates but by letting them see his mask slipping.

He locked himself into an almost abandoned restroom on campus. It was rare anyone other than stoners or loners entered.
He rummaged through his bag, trying to see through his glossy eyes that were quickly filling with tears.
His pulled out his blade. An emergency one he kept with him in case he needed it.
He made 6 cuts in total on his thighs.
The blood ran crimson down his calves and dripped onto the floor tile.
And for a moment, the voices silenced. The world stopped spinning a million miles an hour. And he was calm.
TW over

After cleaning, he lit a joint and smoked it while walking home. He needed some form of assistance in curbing his feelings. Suppressing them.

As the high he longed for appeared, he reached his home and entered. It was lonely here alone. It had been lonely since his mother and sister died. That was the day his life became an endless cycle of pain.
No no. He couldn't think of this now, Dani had been looking forward to this party all week. He couldn't disappoint her too.
He lit another joint and smoked it as fast as he could. Suppress, suppress, suppress.

About a half an hour later, Dani arrived to find a stoned Hinata. He wasn't too stoned to the point where he couldn't function but he was getting there.
It was getting dark when they left his house. He has a little trouble walking but Dani being there helped. She was able to guide him around the confusing streets and stop him from stumbling around too much. She also carried a few bottles of liquor to supply part of the party.

They could hear the music a few houses before they reached the actual address. Dani felt sorry for his neighbors, and knew that eventually the police would the called to break up the party, but she figured she might as well have a good time while she's there.
They entered and were immediately greeted by a drunk Noya.
"Heeeyyy! It's the l-lovely couple! Drinks go in the k-kitchen! Help yourselves! Mmmmm....bye!" He clearly had been enjoying himself and the free booze that continuously made its way into his home. And it was obvious that the rest of the team were also enjoying this fact. As they made their way into the kitchen they came across a drunk Daichi, Tanaka, Kageyama and even Asahi. Surprisingly, Asahi was a lovey drunk. No one knew this or would suspect it until he had ran up to Dani and Hinata and gave them both a hug, rubbed his face on their faces and told them how much he loved them and how cute they looked together.
It was shocking but with deep thought it made sense.

Within 30 minutes the House was packed and the booze was flowing. As was the drugs, party games and loud inappropriate music.
At some point, Hinata had separated from Dani and was wandering around on his own. He must've seen 10 different pairings of people making out within the same 5 minute window.
By now his high had mostly worn off, but was quickly replaced with alcohol. For tonight he had decided to make himself a rum with lemonade.
It tasted like pure bug spray but it got the job done.

Dani on the other hand was busy attempting to keep a messy Kioyko together. She had insisted on taking off her outer jacket, revealing a tank top underneath. Dani being drunk at the time as well had encouraged it, but after she saw the hungry looks some of the unknown males had given her, she tried to get her to put it back on. This of course didn't work. She resulted in dragging her to Daichi, Asahi and Suga who were sprawling about on a couch. She knew they wouldn't let anything happen to her.

Noya's house seemed like a maze. It was larger than anyone had expected, nearly mansion sized but not quite there. Hinata had no trouble finding Tanaka however as he was extremely loud and chaotic. Tanaka quickly pulled Hinata close to him and started rambling. It seemed like he could've kept on talking if it weren't for the nausea and vomit rising from his stomach.
"Are you oka-" Hinata had begun to ask. And as if on cue, Tanaka threw up all over Hinata's lap.
It must have been revenge for Hinata's bus ride slip up.
Everyone around them "ew'd" and screamed as typical teenagers would.
Noya mentioned bringing his classmate up to sleep it off in his room and for his junior to grab a new pair of pants while he was up there as they were probably around the same size.

Hinata did just as he was told. He brought a drunk Tanaka into the hosts room, flopped him lazily on the bed and then grabbed a new pair of pants from his dresser.
Not willing to change in front of Tanaka, drunk or not, he opted for the bathroom across the hall instead.

As if it were orchestrated by fate, as Hinata pulled off his soiled pants and began putting on the new ones, the door opened on him. The culprit?
Dani.
Normally Hinata wouldn't mind all that much. Sure it was embarrassing, but not the end of the world. However, his cuts were exposed when she opened the door. His fresh cuts. And they were vibrant enough for anyone to see standing up to 10 feet away.
Immediately, she closed the door uttering an apology.
"Hinata?"
"...yeah"
"Is that...are those what I think they are?"
"...yeah."

fuck.

Hi everyone! Oooo a cliffhanger! Not really tho but lowkey. Anyway thank you all for the birthday wishes! I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my shitty venting story haha.
I hope you all enjoyed 💗💗