(37)

The gown they had given him was scratchy and very very thin. Maybe it was his sensitivity to cold, but it was very fucking freezing in this exam room.
Hinata could only sigh and lay down on the table.

The butterflies in his stomach must've been playing rugby or something, he couldn't seem to calm himself down.
His anxiety only grew with each passing second and all he wanted to do was go to the park with Dani at sunset and be free from this mess.

Almost too suddenly there was a knock on the door and a younger looking doctor entered the room. He had a very clean appearance and carried himself very professionally.

He smiled and greeted the boy.
"Hello Hinata how are you?"

"I'm good thanks...how are you?" Hinata motioned with his free hand. His other was too busy fiddling with the end of the gown ties in an anxious manor.
"Well, thank you."

He sat his weight down on the smaller stool that had been sitting under the desk.

Hinata noticed his arms and legs shiver and become engrossed in goose bumps, and the shiver down his spine in anxiousness made the hairs on the back of his neck stick straight up.

"So, let's start off with some questions. Some of these you may have already answered in your statement but I'll need to hear your answers again. I'm bound by doctor/patient confidentiality so anything you tell me during this session I legally cannot tell anyone else. I'm only here to report on your physical injuries, okay?" The man questioned. "Then once we're done a nurse will come in with a camera. She's going to help me take some clear photographs of your injuries."

Hinata only nodded and mumbled out a "yeah" in response.

He had to admit, it was nice that they were explaining stuff to him. It made it a little less scary.

"When was the last time you were assaulted physically?"
"Last night." Hinata said as he pointed towards his neck which was now black and purple in color and in a scarily clear handprint shape.

The doctor stood to get a better look.
"May I?" He asked before touching his neck with a freshly gloved hand.
Hinata nodded and the man began his exam.

"Any other injuries from this night?" He inquired.

Hinata shook his head no as the doctor looked down and began taking notes.

"Is it alright with you if I just continue examining you while I ask you questions? That'll help us finish quicker so you can get out of here."

"Sure, I don't mind." Hinata shrugged in response.

It was weird having someone examine him. The only one who had ever taken a close look at his injuries caused by his father was himself.
It felt a bit violating at first. But he grew to accept that he had to let this happen, as much as he disliked it.

The young man moved from Hinata's neck to his back. As he did this, Hinata reached back to scratch along the seam of the hospital gown he was in, the thing was itchy as hell. At the same time the gown had been pushed aside slightly revealing his bare back.

There were ugly scars littering the area. Some faded more than others leaving some with quite crude discoloration.

It took everything in him not to gasp in horror.

"These look to be older. Do you remember what caused these?" He choked out, trying his best to keep his voice stable.

"I think it was a belt buckle...yeah I think that's right." Hinata nodded to himself.