Hikes and Falls

Sam regretted a lot of things in his life. And he would grow to regret a lot more in the future, but currently, his biggest regret was convincing his lazy, older brother to go out for a hike.

The day was sunny and warm, the sun filtering down through the evergreen trees.

"Any minute now Sammy, you'll see, we'll be right back with Baby." Dean walked just ahead of Sam, confidently striding through the thick woodland.

Sam snorts, "right, uh Dean, when are you going to accept that you got us lost?" He limped faster, trying to keep up.

"Me? I got us lost? Sure Bitch."

"Jerk."

"C'mon Sammy, why don't we just enjoy this little adventure, stop being such a crybaby." Dean flashed him a quick smile. "Besides, you're the one that insisted on doing this."

"Dude because of your 'adventure', I lost my damn shoe in a rabbit hole." Sam waved a hand at his sock-clad foot. "I told you, we should have just stayed on the main track.

"Did you ask old Bugs Bunny for your shoe back? I hope you used your manners." Dean seemed very amused by Sam's predicament.

Sam gave him a bitch face, "Yeah, and he asked me if I wanted to stay for tea. No Dean I didn't because instead of a rabbit being in there, I found myself face to face with a spider." A shudder passes through Sam, he hated spiders.

Dean's smirk widens, "what, so you can be nice with bunnies, but when a poor spider comes along you get the salt out?"

"Salt? That makes no sense, you make no sense. Please grow up Dean, you're still acting like a 12-year-old instead of 19, you're the adult here, remember?"

"Dude you love me."

"Only because you're my brother, now hurry up and get us out of here, dad invited the new neighbours over, remember? He'll kill us if we turn up late to dinner dirty from hiking."

"You're no fun, Sam, you do know its okay to lighten up sometimes?"

Sam glares at him, and Dean gives up with a sigh.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

"Oh sweet Jesus, Baby it is so good to see you again," Dean sighs dramatically, patting the black Impala's roof.

Sam pulls a face as he slides into the passenger seat. "Your love for this car is weird Dean, its a car, not a real person."

Dean narrows his eyes at his little brother as he turns the engine on. "Just a car," he snorts dryly. "Don't listen to him, baby. He doesn't understand us."

Sam shakes his head, looking out the window as they pull out of the dirt parking lot. He was really regretting choosing to do the hike, especially as Dean ended up enjoying picking on Sam for the last hour of walking aimlessly. Sam sighs again, looking mournfully at his sock-clad foot, which was so caked in mud, the white sock was now a dark brown.

Dean reaches over and ruffles Sam's hair, "don't worry young brother, we'll get you a new pair."

Pushing Dean's hand away, Sam bites his lip, fuming. "That was my signed Tardis shoe Dean, do you know how long I've had it? How much I spent on getting it signed when we went to that convention last year?"

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Grinning sheepishly, Dean reaches over and turns the music up. Instantly Eye of the Tiger starts playing. "Teaches you for wearing that kinda shit on hikes."

"Can you turn that down?" Sam mutters, ignoring Dean's last jab at him.

"Nope, you know the rules, Sammy."