First Day at School

Dean and Cas eventually venture back down for dinner, Dean put out that he had to socialize instead of watching Sherlock with Castiel. The two reach the table first, Dean getting Cas to sit next to him as he talked Johnlock with Castiel.

Sam waits as long as he can push it before he drags himself over to the dinner table. He hated social events in general, but especially ones with the overly outgoing Gabriel. It was almost guaranteed that by the end of the night, he will have embarrassed himself a thousand times over.

John had finished serving and plates of food were distributed among the group at the table. Before long John is busy talking to Becky and Chuck, leaving Sam free to discretely check his phone.

QueenGeek: How's dinner goin'?

Samoose: shite, don't suppose you wanna call with a fake emergency?

Impala67: god please do

Impala67: and then lets all watch Sherlock

Impala67 added CasBee to your group

Impala67: guys this is Cas, Gabriel's older brother

Samoose: For that I'm sorry Cas

CasBee: Hello all

CasBee: Yes, it is quiet annoying having such a brother... somedays I swear I'm adopted

ArchangelTrickster: gosh Cas, you just hurt my feelings

Samoose: So Charles, gonna make that call?

QueenGeek is typing...

"Hey, boy, no phones at the table." John's voice startled Sam to the point where he almost dropped his phone, it sounded calm but Sam knew better.

"Right, sorry Dad." Sam hastily shoves his phone into his pocket and picks at his dinner.

Sam feels someone kicking his foot under the table and looks up to see Gabriel yet again smirking from across the tabletop.

"Why are you always smirking? You do know that there are other expressions out there, right?"

"Oh, so we're talking in person now?"

"Shut up." Sam looks down at his plate again.

"Make me," Gabe winked at Sam, smirking as the taller boy went dark red.

Sam spent a moment trying to think of a reply, his mouth opening and shutting several times. Finally; "I'd rather kiss an alligator."

"My my, Sammy, that's just a bit rude." Gabriel mimed crying. "Why must you break my heart?"

"I don't want to talk to you, I don't know you." Sam glances up at him, surprised to see a flash of hurt cross Gabriel's eyes before his signature crooked smirk reappears.

"I'm sure you'll give in and admit that I am an awesome person."

Now Castiel leaned in, joining their conversation. "Apologies for him... our mother dropped him when he was a baby."

Dean bursts out laughing, Cas smiling proudly as Gabriel sulked. Even Sam found himself chuckling softly.

Then John had to ruin everything, as always.

"So Samuel, I hear you already meet Gabriel, by tripping over him?"

Sam felt his stomach drop.

"Because I'm not surprised, did you all know that my Sam here is the most clumsy person ever? Once he tripped and knocked down and entire row of bikes..."