Bully

--one week later--

Sam trudges from his locker to the cafeteria. Today was the first time that Gabe had managed to convince Sam to sit with Charlie and her friends, which in itself was terrifying for the shy boy, but after getting little sleep the night before, his sleep deprived mind wasn't helping. Grabbing an apple and placing it along with a slice of pizza on his tray, casting His eyes around for his new friend. Sure enough, Gabriel was waving him down from a table near the back of the cafeteria, a couple of people sat around him, including Charlie whose red hair stood out even from this distance.

Sam sighs, mentally preparing himself for socializing as he heads over to the table.
"Heya Samoose!" Gabe chirps cheerfully as Sam hesitantly sits beside him.
Sam smiles slightly, "hello Gabriel," he murmurs.
"Oh my chuck, I ship it," Charlie whispers.
"Hey Charlie," Sam says quietly.
"Hey bitch," Charlie grins, "this is Kevin, Garth, uhh wait what's your name again.... Oh yeah Adam." At this the boy she was indicating too narrows his eyes.
"And I'm Crowley," a short, British guy adds.
"He just started sitting with us, got held back a year," Charlie explains.
Sam smiles shyly at the group, surprised at how friendly they all were, none of them commented on him being quiet.
"I'm in advance placement, which is why we don't have classes together," Kevin explains.
The thin boy Charlie had called Garth rolls his eyes, "Kev, you do know that you don't have to tell every one about you being in advanced placement right?"
Kevin simply pulls out a textbook and buries his head in it. The rest of the group chuckles before moving into a conversation about different shows and movies, as this conversation involved fandoms and Charlie was apart of it, it wasn't long before arguments over ships sprung up. Sam watches this all quietly, amused at how passionate Charlie was when it came to fictional characters love lives. Gabriel was also quiet, which he never really was unless he was plotting a new prank, but this time he wasn't. This time he was watching Sam, the tall boy occupying his thoughts.

Crowley glances up at something behind Sam's shoulder, and seconds later Dean joins the groups table, Cas in tow.

"What's the word, guys?"

"What does that mean?" Cas asks, tilting his head sightly as he takes a seat on Gabriel's other side.
Dean sits on the other side of the table, next to Charlie who sat opposite Sam. Dean catches Sam's eye, a small smile on his face.

"Good to see you sitting here Sammy."

Sam nods in response, before turning his attention back to his pizza, after all, he could only handle so much socializing.

Two more people follow Dean over to their table, a girl whose name Sam learned was Meg, and a quiet boy called Samandriel. Sam stays quiet as the conversation starts up again, he wasn't used to hanging out with such a large group of people, and felt even more awkward as they try to engage him in the conversation. Dean instantly brings up Johnlock, and everyone seems to finally agree on a ship.

"I just don't see it," Adam pipes up and immediately finds himself staring back into nine shocked faces, all staring at him in disbelief. Even Sam is looking at him like he had sprouted a second head.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Dean splutters.

"Are you serious?"

"Did your mother drop you as a baby?" This last one comes from Charlie.

The bell rings, stopping anymore conversation on the topic. Sam, relieved to finally escape, grabs his bag and all but sprints out of the room, stopping only to dump his tray. The other's were too shocked at Adam to notice, except, of course, Gabriel and Dean who both watch him leave. Dean notices Gabe's gaze, and instantly turns on his protective, stop looking at my brother or I'll kill you, look. Gabriel, noticing this look, actually shrinks a bit in his seat. But he doesn't look away as he meets Dean's distrustful green eyes. Instead he narrows his own eyes, challenging Dean to say something as he slides out of his seat. Gabriel grabs his bag and follows Sam's path out of the cafeteria. Dean huffs in annoyance, but because he was a senior, he had a completely different schedule to most of his friends, including Sammy. The rest of the group, aside from the senior who had still had most of their lunch left, disperse, heading for their next class.