You Again

A/N: Their ages are: Sam - 16, Gabe - 17, Dean - 19 and Cas - 18.

Dean leads Sam in through the front door, the two of them kick off their muddy shoes and are greeted by the smell of food cooking. Dean raises an eyebrow at his brother as they walk through the kitchen to see John stirring something in a pot.

"There you two are, hurry up and get ready, remember our neighbours will be here soon."

Sam raises his brows at Dean, his embarrassment forgotten as he hears their father start to hum along to the radio. It was rare to hear John happy these days, coming home was always terrifying as they weren't sure which side of their father was going to greet them. Happy, kind John or withdrawn, short-tempered John. Usually, it was the latter.

"Sorry dad, we just got a bit sidetracked." Dean nudges Sam before darting upstairs. No doubt to claim the first shower.

Huffing, Sam trudged upstairs and heading straight for his room. He glanced half-heartedly at the half-finished essay on his desk. He had to do that, but right now all he wanted to do was lie down on his bed and relax while Dean took an abnormally long shower. Sam shudders, not wanting to think about what on earth his brother did in that time. He closed his eyes and felt his body relax against the bed. Maybe a quick nap wouldn't hurt.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Sam flew upright when he felt something tickling his face. Dean jumped away from his bed, doubled over laughing with a feather in his hand.

"What the hell, Dean?" Sam rubbed his eyes.

"Go get yourself ready, Dad's gonna lose his shit if you aren't ready to greet the neighbours."

"How long do I have?"

Dean pretended to think, a smirk on his face. "5 minutes."

"Dammit Dean," Sam hurried out of the room, cursing his brother. He has a quick shower, chucking his clothes on before running towards the stairs as he hears voices down below.

Of course, in his usual clumsy style, Sam had barely passed the top step and then he was flying forward and painfully tumbling down the thankfully carpeted stairs. Lying sprawled out on the floor at the bottom, Sam winces as he rubs his head, hearing their guest ask about the noise.

Blushing, Sam limps into the living with a sheepish expression. John frowns at his son but thankfully doesn't comment as he turns back to their guest.

"So, Gabriel, I assume you and your brothers will be attending the same high school as my boys?" John asks as Sam shuffles in.

Dean's standing beside their father, and must have noticed Sam lurking as he shoots him a smirk. It was his, I'll-enjoy-your-embarrassment look.

Sam glances over their guests. The parents sat on the two-seater next to John's armchair, smiling kindly, then there was a very familiar blue-eyed boy perched on one end of the three-seater. Sam frowned and then froze as he locked eyes with the boy on the other end of the couch.

It was Gabriel. The very Gabriel that Sam had knocked down earlier. Dean bites his lip to keep himself for laughing at Sam's expression as he takes a seat on the other armchair, leaving only one place for Sam to sit, next to Gabriel.

"'Bout time you made it son, meet our new neighbours, the Novaks. This is Becky and Chuck Novak and two of their sons, Gabriel and Castiel."

Sam gives Becky and Chuck a small smile, "nice to m-meet you, I'm uh, Sam Winchester." He winces at how awkward he sounds.

Gabriel turns slightly to face Sam as he sits tentatively on the couch.

"Hey again, Samoose."

Sam stutters, unable to reply.