Romance novel moment 🌈

*Sorry for any typos*

After school, Gabriel invited the Winchester boys over to his house. Part of the reasoning behind this was because he knew the Winchester brothers were dreading going home to their father, but it was also because of the fact that he wanted to spend more time with Sam.

Sam was sitting quietly in the back of the Impala, hazel eyes distant as he gets lost deep in thought. Gabe quietly reaches across the seat, grabbing Sam's hand without a word and turning back to look out the window.

Sam glances down at their intertwined hands with a soft smile, he catches Dean watching them through the rear view mirror, but Dean's want for Sam to be happy seemed to overrule his dislike for Gabriel as he nods slightly and moves his eyes back onto the road.

Soon enough, they pulled up outside the Novak's house, and Gabe rushes inside while dragging Sam behind him. Sam hurries to catch up, stumbling up the stairs as Gabe pulls him up, still holding his hand.

There were 4 doors leading to bedrooms, and Gabe explained there were s couple more downstairs. They slowed to a walk, and Sam could see names on personalized nameplates set on each door.

Castiel's door was one of the four, his nameplate black with wings extending out each side and his name set in silver across the middle. Lucifer's looked scorched, charcoal black with red streaks running through it and his name written in ice blue.

Balthazar's nameplate was gold, and it looked like someone (no doubt a drunk Balthy) had messily scribbled random drawings and words across it.

Finally, Gabriel's door. The nameplate was covered in drawings of sweets and old wrappers stuck along the top. Sam was pretty sure the nameplate was pink, but it was hard to tell.

"You wanna come in and watch something on my laptop?" Gabe asks, suddenly shy.

Sam nods quietly, following Gabe inside his room. He could hear Cas and Dean heading up the stairs, Dean was trying to explain classic rock to Cas.

The inside of Gabriel's room was a lot like how you'd expect. There were lolly wrappers cluttering the desk, the waste basket was overflowing with these wrappers too. His bed was actually neat, a tardis duvet cover on top.

As Gabe grabs his laptop and loads it up, Sam let his eyes trail over the fandom posters, the corkboard full of photos Gabe had taken over the years. Sam steps closer, smiling as he looks at the photos.

There was a photo of Gabriel that looked like it had been taken a few years before, this Gabe looking younger and, if it were possible, shorter.

Then there were a few photos of Gabe's pranks over the years. There was a photo of Cas covered in slims. Lucifer tangled up in rainbow nets, his eyes glaring at the camera.

Sam let out an amused huff, before his eyes fall upon a small cluster of photos pinned in one corner. They were photos from the weekend at the cabin. There was the one Charlie had taken of the chaotic kitchen, one of the entire group in the water laughing and finally, one of Sam.

In the photo, Sam was smiling softly, his eyes gazing out over the lake. Sam studied this photo, taking in how peaceful and happy he looks in it. He wondered if this was taken while he'd been deep in though over his feelings for Gabe.

Speaking of, Gabe was sitting cross legged on the bed, watching Sam look at all the photos. Eventually, Sam tore his eyes from the board and moves over to sit by Gabriel. He looks at the computer screen to see season one of Sherlock loaded.

"Is this okay? I know you're a fan so I thought that maybe..."

Sam wraps an arm around Gabriel's smaller shoulders, grinning at his frie- boyfriend. "Its fine Gabe, I'd love to watch Sherlock."