Beat up

Sam woke up the next morning feeling warmer than usual. He could feel something hard and warm pressed against his chest. He had one arm slung around the warm bundle, his face was half buried in the shockingly familiar golden hair.

He was sleeping next to Gabriel Novak. The very boy that, only a couple of weeks ago, Sam had hated. And now he was sleeping in the same bed as him, and he enjoyed being this close to Gabe, not that he'd admit it of course. Closing his eyes, Sam decides to enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasted, because soon enough they'd be off to school before heading out for a weekend away.

Thankfully, his dad was out of town for work again, meaning that they wouldn't have to worry about him prowling the house for another week or so. His phone buzzes on the nightstand, but he ignores it, trying to cling to the fading warm strands of sleep.

His phone buzzes again, several times, but Sam found he couldn't move without waking Gabe. Which is why, moments later when his door is flung open, an inhuman screech fills the air as Charlie goes into fangirl mode.

"SABRIEL IS TOO CUTE, MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT," she squeals, snapping a photo of the two boys.

Gabriel shoots up into a sitting position so fast he nearly ended up falling off the bed.

"What the fuck was that?" He exclaims, sleep still thick in his voice.

Charlie snaps another photo as Dean runs up behind her, confusion on his face as he reaches the doorway. The confusion quickly turns to annoyance as he see's the photos on Charlie's phone.

"Why the hell were you two sleeping together?" Dean narrows his eyes at the startled boys.

"Dean! It wasn't like that."

"Yeah Deano, I was just hiding from satan, he seems to be wanting to kill me," Gabe's eyes widen as he looks past Dean's shoulder, at the approaching Lucifer.

"Maybe its because you dyed my hair blue," Lucifer growls.

Gabe's golden whiskey eyes widen, and as he shrinks into his two sizes too large jacket, Sam felt a rush of affection for the shorter boy. He quickly dismisses this strange feeling, laughing at the fear on Gabe's face. Gabriel, realising Lucifer wasn't going to let him go easily, stumbled to his feet and ran towards the window. Lucifer bolts after the fleeing Gabe, who was actually wearing Sam's jacket, leaping out the window after him. Sam, Charlie and Dean all laugh as they hear Gabe screeching as he ran down the street.

Dean turns to Sam, "just be careful Sammy, I don't want you to end up being hurt."

Sam nods quietly, but he grins again as Gabriel shouts out again.

"PLEASE LUCI, IT WAS A HARMLESS JOKE DON'T HURT ME."

"You bitches ready for an awesome weekend away? I can't wait for the chance to get my ships together."

"Charlie, you can't make two people get together-"

"Please, all my ships have so much denied sexual tension between them, its suffocating people," she retorts. "Did you ask your dad if you could defiantly go?"

Dean rubs the back of his neck, "well, he's actually out of town, so we don't need to."

"Oh, okay then, thats cool!" Charlie doesn't notice the look the two Winchester boys share, they knew their father would kill them for going on this trip without asking, but it wasn't as if he was around.

Soon enough, it was time to head to school, and the trio begin counting down the hours until freedom.

~~~time skip~~~