Chapter 8 | The Afternoon

I ran on to the bus in a hurry to leave the situation that I was placed in. It's almost as if I can't get away from the fact that I have a crush on Jeremiah. I decided to choose the third seat to the right to sit on. I grabbed a book and started reading. The only problem with this bus is that since Jeremiah and Samantha live in the same neighborhood, they ride the same bus. Shortly after I sat down, the two walked on the bus and went a little further back to sit together. Just seeing them together makes my stomach churn. Urghh, why do I feel this way, I shouldn't. My best friends are dating each other and there is nothing I can change about it; I just have to live with it.

The bus ride home was silent, silent since nobody sat with me. There was chattering all over the bus, but the chit chat that I could hear was between Jeremiah and Samantha.

Jeremiah's POV

The bell rang and it was the end of class. Once the bell rang Ada hopped out of her seat and practically ran to the bus. I stood up for a second with a puzzled look on my face. I snapped out of my faze and hurried into the hallway and met up with Samantha. She grabbed my hand and we walked to the bus together.

Once we got on the bus Ada glanced at us and shoved her face back in the book she was reading. I feel bad for her because she is sitting alone. I started heading to the seat behind Ada but before I got the chance to do so, Samantha dragged me to 4 seats from the back.

"Don't you think that we should sit near Ada?"

"Naaah, she looked like she was into that book, we shouldn't bother her."

"Okay, your probably right, you would know."

Samantha gave me a peck on the cheek and smiled, I responded with a stronger kiss. She then rested her head on the crook of my neck.

"You are so beautiful. Love you."

"I love you too."

The bus started up and we departed from the parking lot.

Ada's POV

The bus turned onto my street and the bus abruptly came to a halt. Everyone for this stop stood up before the bus even stopped moving. I got up and walked off of the bus. Jeremiah and Samantha got off quickly after that. I waited for them to get off since we always walk home together. Once they got off I walked toward them but they walked off without me. They didn't even glance at me.

I walked alone until Samantha went into her house. Jeremiah and I live a little further down the street so I ran over to catch up to him.

"Hey, what you up to." I punched Jeremiah in the shoulder with a playful glare.

"I'm gonna chill and then go to Samantha's."

"Ohh Okay."

"Is something wrong?"

"Its fine."

"No, please seriously tell me what's going on." Jeremiah had a serious look on his face.

"Its just that... erm.. Ever since you and Sam(Samantha) started dating, you guys haven't been spending as much time with me. In fact you guys haven't spent any time with me. Not since July..."