Chapter 20 | Christmas

^^Liam(except paler)^^

It was Christmas Eve. I was looking in my closet for what to wear for the Christmas Eve service for the day and the evening church. I looked through my closet for a dress but then I decided to get something cozier. I grabbed a light grey and black textured sweater and some black leggings. I also had an army green jacket and boots that ended just above the ankle.

Once my outfit was all set out, I put it on and looked in the mirror. I was mainly satisfied with the outfit that I had set out but I decided to add a touch of makeup. Before applying, I put my hair into a messy bun. I put on some mascara, light blush, and a lighter pink matte lipstick. I pursed my lips together and then smiled at my reflection.

I checked my phone really quick before heading downstairs. My mom walked up to me and gave me a death gripping hug. I smiled in her embrace and released the hug. "You look beautiful, sweety." My mom smiled and pet my head as her fingers slipped down my hair.

"I get my looks from only the most beautiful." My mom kissed my forehead and gave me a side hug. Shorty after getting breakfast myself, my brother, and mom left to visit family.

*****

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Toooooys in ev'ry store." I was singing as loudly and obnoxiously as I could, drawing out half the vowels. My little brother covered his ears.

"Please, stop torturing me with your screeching." He whined. I rolled my eyes and continued to sing. Loud.

"Don't worry Cameron, we are almost home." My mom said.

I looked at all of the things I got from the first family gathering. I was given a few things. My older cousin got me a new eyeshadow palette even though I don't wear makeup too often. She loves her makeup. I also got a sketchbook, some nice pens, and a buttload of candy.

We arrived home but it was getting close to 7 so we dropped off our new stuff and then headed to the church. We try to go to church every week but we tend to sleep in a lot. I stepped out of the car and the cold air blasted my face. Why can't some snow come to match the cold weather instead of it raining?

There were children running around in their little Christmas dresses that I remember I once wore. We found some seats and enjoyed the atmosphere and the worship music. After we worshipped and had our annual sermon, that is different each year but has the same base, the story of Jesus' birth.

We sang some more worship after the sermon and had communion. I like how we do communion because we walk up to a table with our family and then we take it individually instead of how all those old people churches do it.

Before the Christmas service was over, everyone passed out and lit candles and turned the lights down low in the building. It was a beautiful sight because everyone sang Silent Night. It was calming. Everyone finally blew out their candle but Cameron and I competed to see who could keep our candle lit longer.

We were walking out the building and my candle was still lit. His blew out under the vent. "Ha! I win!" I smirked.

"No fair." I nodded my head no in his response. We headed to the car and then got home after 15 minutes of me 'screeching' Christmas music. It was almost 9 so we got ready for bed. I walked into my bedroom and stripped of my close to put on my red and black, polka dotted, fuzzy, pajama pants and a plain black t-shirt.