Chapter 34 | Punished

His POV

I tapped my foot impatiently for the dismissal bell to ring. Ada didn't show up to class. A rising level of anxiety was coursing through my system. I knew she had German with Bra- I didn't even like to think of his name.

If he did something to her, I would kill him. I wasn't paying any attention to the teacher, instead, I was tapping my foot. She would post everything on google classroom later, anyway. My hearing focused on the ticking of the clock on the wall. I sprung out my seat and out the door the moment the bell rang.

All that I could think about was seeing her stunning face and knowing that she was alright. This girl was constantly on my mind, and I couldn't ask for anything better to be there. I just wish that my thoughts about her weren't all about worry. I didn't want anything else bad to happen to her.

She had gone through enough as is. I sent her a few texts and when she didn't answer, I tried to call her. There were still no answers. Only then did I come to the realization that I had missed the bus. Ever since the accident, I've been car-less and riding on the bus or getting a ride from friends and family. That made it especially difficult to visit Liam in the hospital.

My grades had begun to drop because of everything happening too.

My fingers coursed through my thick hair multiple times, making it an unruly mess. I also couldn't stop pacing as I did so.

"What am I going to do!" I yelled toward a locker, punching it with more force than I thought I had. I almost couldn't believe it when I saw that I had left a dent in it. The pain was at a minimum since I had more important things racing through my mind.

I charge down the hallway in an authoritative manner, almost bumping into a teacher as I walked down the hall. I tightened and released my fists in an attempt to cool off. I stormed out the building, not bothering to make it to track practice. I just couldn't handle that many people with how I was feeling. I was inches away from completely exploding and I didn't want myself to end up blowing up over the team. I didn't need to drag them into my wrath of chaos.

I sent a message on remind to my coach that I couldn't make it because I had something I needed to take care of. I also asked if Ada was at the practice but got a disappointing "no." I tried to call again but got no answer. I rushed off the school campus and called an uber as I did so. Luckily they didn't question my age so I was able to ride.

I finally found her at her home. She was sitting on the couch, her eyes puffy and red. I hurried over to her and sat on the couch beside her. I got ahold of her cold hands and covered them with mine.

"Ada," I say, searching for eye contact. Her green eyes met mine nervously, averting her eyes continuously. "What happened?" I wiped away a stray tear. I gulped dryly, biting on my bottom lip in pain. She didn't say anything but instead put her arms around my neck. She snuggled her face into my shirt. I moved closer to her and wrapped one arm around her back and the other around her waist. She began to cry into my chest.

"Woah, shh," I said, holding onto her tighter. "You don't have to talk about it." I couldn't help but feel upset about her crying. She didn't deserve any more pain. I would take her pain one hundred times over if she didn't have to feel pain.

"No, no." She sniffled and pulled away. "Something happened after German. Braxton brought my wheelchair down because nobody else would. He said I'm sorry, and I blew up at him saying he couldn't be sorry. But he ended up pushing me off the wheelchair and pulled at my hair. He-he." I grabbed ahold of her hands and rubbed the back of them with my thumb.