Chapter 15 | Movies and Exams

The midterm exams are this week. They are sooo much fun. We didn't have exams on Monday and we don't have them today but we have three exams on Wednesday, two exams on Thursday, and 2 exams on Friday. But on the bright side, Thursday and Friday are half days. So my friends and I figured that we would have a movie night on Friday to celebrate the completion of midterms. I'm only around one school week away from winter break.

With this thought in my mind, I peeled my body out of bed and went to school after getting ready. Once I arrived, everyone looked dead inside and out. I was wearing some dark blue jeggings with a black, graphic t-shirt that said go away. I was also wearing lower cutting red converse and a plain, grey, jacket. My hair was thrown into a ponytail, well the hair that didn't come out because of my shorter hair.

Today is just going to be a study day for the classes I have today. It was also like that yesterday. Going over what we have learned this year hasn't been too bad so far. If anything, it has given me a break from difficult work. I've been given a study guide with questions to fill in for most of my classes and if we complete them before the exams, we get extra credit. A long day awaits.

Jeremiah and I walked to our second period class with Mr.Bryant. This week, we have health class, we switch out between health and gym every two weeks but everyone has health this week due to midterms.

"Okay everyone. The exam will be in two parts, the fitness portion and the health portion. Don't worry though, the gym portion isn't based on your athletic ability, it is on whether you do the activities correctly. The activities will include the forming for archery, volleyball, basketball, American football, and baseball... I almost forgot! Running form and pushup form as well!" I groaned at his remarks, his words melting the inside of my skull.

"And we are doing the forms after break, so make sure you study them!" He said ecstatically, those pearly whites shining brightly. The creases near his eyes bent in.

All we did in health class was go over the material we learned so far. Jeremiah and I were sitting next to each other since the teacher let people sit with a person who would be a good study buddy. All we did was send goofy photos and videos of us and the teacher to Samantha on Snapchat. Other than bio, which we have everyday, this is the only class we have together on even days.

******

It was Friday, 4th period, and Jeremiah and I had our calculus exam, our last exam. We glanced at each other and then at our exam packets that we can't look at yet. The teacher looked at us with devious eyes, like she was planning something. Almost as if she was writing a romance book about us, it was low-key creepy. I looked at the teacher with wide eyes and my face turned to a light, rosy, pink tint. The teacher just giggled and proceeded to give instructions about the exam. I gave Jeremiah a thumbs up and he returned by giving me a fist bump and smiled with his imperfect white teeth showing to the slightest.

We were finally able to start the text, all the anxious faces dropping into concentrated faces. Jeremiah's eyebrows were scrunched up and his eyes were narrow. Even with the straight face he showed, his features were still prominent and strong. I focused back on my paper, scratching my mechanical pencil on the white paper. After about one hour of class, mostly everyone was finished with the test, myself included. Jeremiah was on the last few problems.

After 10 more minutes, everyone was in a low chatter, Jeremiah and myself as well. The bell rang after a while, everyone trampling out the door. Once we left the classroom, Jeremiah and Samantha were basically connected at the hip. I looked through the halls to look for my lover, Braxton. Once I found him, he walked over and I gave him a hug. The hug was kind of awkward and Braxton's shoulders and arms were tense. I have him a pat on the back and moved back slightly. His body slowly released the tension and I grabbed his wrist.