Chapter 13 | My First Kiss

I was lying in bed, looking up at the white ceiling. I was thinking about the kiss from five days ago. How his lips fit with mine, but it just didn't feel quite right. I remember my first kiss, I was eight, and my victim just turned nine. The afternoon was particularly chilly for early November. I believe the date was November third, that's right, because Jeremiah's birthday is on the second. This day was the day that I realized I really liked Jeremiah.

I was feeling extra cute today, so I decided to put on my favorite whitewash jeans, along with a black top, some light brown ugg boots(I know, basic), and a white fluffy scarf. My mom had braided my hair to the side, but I liked showcasing my hair, especially since my mom had just dyed the tips blue.

The weather was very cloudy and there was a chance of light showers for the afternoon and thunderstorms later tonight. I hated thunderstorms. It was quite windy, I could feel a few drops of the icy cold water leaking out of the clouds that were ready to burst. The high for today was 46°, lower than usual. Jeremiah and I were going for a walk in the woods behind our houses.

We were close together, not even a foot apart. The leaves were crunching under us. A low rumble erupted and I latched onto Jeremiah, one of my hands holding his shirt, the other on his shoulder.

"Can we go home?" I said in my squeaky voice.

"I'll only take you home if you give me a kiss. It can be an extra birthday present. He pointed to where his dimple was on his cheek and smiled like he had just accomplished something great.

"And if I don't?" I looked at him and noticed that I was still latched on to him.

"We will go to the tree house and you will have to deal with the thunder." I chose to deal with the thunder. Jeremiah frowned when I told him my choice. We ran through the woods to the beat down tree house and both of us almost tripped when we were attempting to avoid the roots. It began to drizzle cold rain so we sped up. It was just about pouring down rain by time we got in there.

The tree house was old, there were pieces of wood missing and rotted. There was a paint job once of red and blue but it was fadded. My parents played in here as kids and they had their first kiss here. The relationship didn't last so I count it as bad luck to do any actions that are considered cooties.

"Let's go Adi. We are just about soaked, it is drier on the inside even though there is hole in the roof." Jeremiah climbed on up and then let out his hand for me to grab.

"I can't grab your hand if I'm going up a ladder silly." I said tapping my finger on his head. "I guess it's true that boys don't have brains and are from Jupiter." I giggled and finally got into the tree house. We sat in one of the chairs and talked. The thunder rumbled again.

"Can we go back, the thunder is getting worse. It is scary." I looked at Jeremiah and was begging with my eyes.

"But I'll protect you Ada. You are safe with me. I can give you hugs and I will make sure you are fine." He looked at me and made a silly face with his tongue sticking out. There was a loud clap of thunder and the sky was lit up with thunder. I really wanted to go home but I wanted to be with my bff. After the thunder I realized that we were inches apart. When the thunder crashed again, I dove into his arms. Our lips connected for five seconds, five seconds too long. I pulled away as soon as I realized we were kissing and hurried out. I ran home as quickly as my little legs could. I hit the branch of a tree, the little water droplets on it landing on my face. There was a small scratch on my cheek and a few blood droplets were forming. Tears were running down my face too because of the scratch and I was alone in the thunderstorm, other than Jeremiah who was a decent bit away from me.